650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > merry xmas to me

merry xmas to me
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
royfisk

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 8:56 am    Post subject: merry xmas to me

Hi guys;
another find from the great white north. While lerking through the pages of craigslist I stumbled across not one but 2 1975 xs bikes. after 2 weeks of wheeling and dealing and a total out of pocket cost of $200.00 I finally scored enough to restore a nice 75. eat your hearts out.

dsc01017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.64 KB
 Viewed:  296 Time(s)

dsc01017.jpg

dsc01016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.57 KB
 Viewed:  286 Time(s)

dsc01016.jpg

dsc01015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.18 KB
 Viewed:  272 Time(s)

dsc01015.jpg

royfisk

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

bike #2

dsc01018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.58 KB
 Viewed:  278 Time(s)

dsc01018.jpg

nj1639

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

I'm jealous. Good find!
danno

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Looks as though Christmas came a bit early for you this year. Congratulations on an awesome deal!
1ironhead

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

To steal a saying from another forum.....YOU SUCK !!!
royfisk

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

yea i figure that but I scored too
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Good score roy. What besides a lot of tlc do they need? I just wish I had room for the stuff I come across. Now, whatcha be doin' with that luggage rack on the first one? Wink

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

undecided at this time on rack, not in a hurry to part anything out yet. I do have another one however and will get you some pics. As for what they need, not sure of that yet but her compretion is firm on the first one, second one needs overhaul. but the po was under the impression that it is a 750. I dont know but she came with 36mm vm carbs on her, and the head is ported.
royfisk

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Hey all me agin another craigslist find this weekend, $235.00 worth of suspension parts with invoice from mikes xs for $100.00

dsc01019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.6 KB
 Viewed:  325 Time(s)

dsc01019.jpg

pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Hey I recognize some of those parts as having passed through my grubby fingers. No hurry on the rack Roy. I actually have one already that is a different style with the sliding back rest but have yet to install it.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

yea the other one i have is a sliding rest too. Im lost as to exactly what I will do right now. Obviously one of these will get restored, the other is up in the air as to what I will do. I know where there is a nice vintage street type roadrace fairing and am kinda thinking on those lines. I have a 35mm front end and now everything except emulators to make it work right. Mayby I will keep my tour pak stuff and put it on as needed along with the side car, and street road racer style the other bike. Its really not restorable so nothing really lost. The 78 is going to be a surprise to all.
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

nice bikes I found another xs and I already own 2 I have been trying to contact this gentlemen to see if he'd sell it but no luck yet but I will stay persistant until I hear it's not for sale then to me it might be LOL

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Hey Roy, looked at top of page and thought "I know that house" Laughing then found this thread Wink So whats the plan with this one Question I can see it now, Tuesday night meetings " Hello, my name is Roy and I'm an addict" Razz

2426210_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.19 KB
 Viewed:  455 Time(s)

2426210_1.jpg

pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Here Roy, load up the truck! Too bad I don't have room.
kansascity.craigslist....63365.html

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Thanks guys
Gordon scott your going to be in shock cause you know my opinion of stock xs bikes, but yes I am going to restore the best of the 2. The second one I beleive might become a period correct street roadracer if a certain fairing I am aware of is still available. Suppose of ly the second bike is a 750 top end, it does have 36mm carbs so thats the scoop. Also I plan to sell out my non 1975 parts and bikes. Need the space. with the exception of the 78 which will be a surprise, which you already know about. Oh gee is that yard around here somewhere, looks like my last place of residence. Had over 60 bikes there. Also note think I may have a deal going on a hack. Which reminds me do you still need that 16" snow tire? Have a 81 for sale as soon as I take off my bags and fairing. Pumps thanks for the info, already see those but figured I shouldnt be to stingy and leave something for the troops.

bluebikerblan

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Merry Christmas to you indeed Roy....You deserve to score some good finds like those two B's and they're in good hands. Did a couple of 75's this past summer and have one in process now but paid double for one what you paid for two. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.....except one maybe. Best, Blue

PostPosted: December 15, 2009, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

royfisk wrote:
Thanks guys
Gordon scott your going to be in shock cause you know my opinion of stock xs bikes, but yes I am going to restore the best of the 2. The second one I beleive might become a period correct street roadracer if a certain fairing I am aware of is still available. Suppose of ly the second bike is a 750 top end, it does have 36mm carbs so thats the scoop. Also I plan to sell out my non 1975 parts and bikes. Need the space. with the exception of the 78 which will be a surprise, which you already know about. Oh gee is that yard around here somewhere, looks like my last place of residence. Had over 60 bikes there. Also note think I may have a deal going on a hack. Which reminds me do you still need that 16" snow tire? Have a 81 for sale as soon as I take off my bags and fairing. Pumps thanks for the info, already see those but figured I shouldnt be to stingy and leave something for the troops.
Hey Roy, She will make a nice stocker Wink I just bought new tires yesterday so I won't need that Duro after all, but I still would like that disc rear mag for the sidecar. Like I said before that Dunstall has your name on it so no problem there. You said you may have a line on a hack? That would be very cool, you know I'll help anyway I can, starting to understand these beasts pretty well now Very Happy Congrats on the score, I know they went to a good home Wink

royfisk

PostPosted: December 15, 2009, 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Thanks guys.
yea I dont know when ill get down to orange but the wheel is here and ready whenever you want it. What did you wind up getting for sneakers on your rig? The car is a mk2 But the owner has stopped responding to emails and has pulled the ad, so not sure now.

Teebs

PostPosted: December 15, 2009, 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

You got to the first one before I did, Roy. Nice catch!
Teebs

PostPosted: December 15, 2009, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

gordonscott wrote:
Hey Roy, looked at top of page and thought "I know that house" Laughing then found this thread Wink So whats the plan with this one Question I can see it now, Tuesday night meetings " Hello, my name is Roy and I'm an addict" Razz

And people keep telling me there's no such thing as heaven.
royfisk

PostPosted: December 16, 2009, 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

found another one 10 minutes ago. Trying to sink the hook right now. hmm 1975. The bikes are just to cool looking. Much better then the 77/78 standards. I think its the handlebars that make the differance. I know that the 35mm forks work better beffore all you standard lovers jump on me.
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 16, 2009, 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Roy, nothing at all wrong with the 34's that a good fork brace can't fix!
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 17, 2009, 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: merry xmas to me

Teebs wrote:
gordonscott wrote:

And people keep telling me there's no such thing as heaven.
A guy don't have to go far for parts

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1