650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
harleysmakegooddonorparts

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 5:30 pm    Post subject: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

Is there a way to convert the dual cable setup (74 TX650) to a single cable setup? Im using an HD front end and not sure if ill be able to find a set of bars that will work with the dual cable throttle sleeve and work with HD risers.
royfisk

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

uh whats the front end got to do with it??? Use 7/8 " risers or bar clamp and 7/8" bars. Then everything will work right.

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

yeah i was tapping my head on my way home from work thinking the same thing. ive got noobie written all over myself
Eric00

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

mikexs has cables 2-1 design Part #51-6506
www.mikesxs.net/produc...l#products
Eric00

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

Id do that b/c it seem 1'' bar there are more options for bars/controls
Did you find a good source for bearing to mount the harley frontend? what all was needed?
Eric00

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

Did you find a good source for bearing to mount the harley frontend? what all was needed?
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: December 1, 2009, 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

My own preference is to use the BS 38 sets of the later 77,78 &79 model yrs that are mounted on a common bar with adjustable fixed throttle linkages to each other and a single throttle control cable.

For what it's worth....I've traded in these linked carb sets with single cable into 2 75' B's (dual cables)now.....one set from a 77D and another from a 79 SF. The swap out with later model right hand controls works well and really sets and settles the throttle matching issues of dual cables and unlinked carbs mounting as far as I'm concerned. Everything fits 7/8" bars obviously. There are some minor wiring differences but easily resolved.

Best, Blue

PostPosted: December 1, 2009, 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

Eric00 wrote:

the frame was custom built with the propper neck (ordered off ebay) to recieve an HD front end.

PostPosted: December 1, 2009, 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Cable/Sleeve Question

Eric00 wrote:
mikexs has cables 2-1 design Part #51-6506
www.mikesxs.net/produc...l#products

will this setup work with my 74 stock BS38's?

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1