650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Flattracker - Streettracker > > Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.
    Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker
skysummit

PostPosted: November 3, 2009, 4:17 pm    Post subject: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

I was going to build a street tracker out of this but don't think I can find the time. I'm thinking about selling this modified XS 650 with Kenny Robert's frame but don't see an area here for selling things. If there is not one, maybe someone can point me to a forum where people interested in this bike will see it? If anyone here has insight on my frame, I would love to here it. This frame came from Kenny Roberts in the 70's and the guy punped up the motor and tried to turn it into some kind of monster Moto Xer. It's dirty as heck because it's been sitting for 30 years. I have never seen a frame like it except for in a picture of Kenny Roberts sitting on his bike.
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 3, 2009, 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

Hi, There is no for sale forum but it usually accepted in the "A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways" i would have thought you would get a lot of interest in your bike
Photo Gallery
xsfreddie

PostPosted: November 4, 2009, 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

I might be intrested in your bike. How is the best way to contact you regarding the bike
skysummit

PostPosted: November 4, 2009, 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

I posted an ad on craig's list (S.F.Bay Area) this morning. If you go to this link you will find much more information on the bike along with a few pics. If you are still interested you can contact me through the craig's list post, or you can email me at skysummit @ msn.com
sfbay.craigslist.org/s...31620.html
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: November 4, 2009, 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

Were I in your position, I would be inclined to contact someone like MMM of 650 Central. Michael "Mercury" Morse is an (forgive the term) old racer who is also a leading guru of the XS 650 as you no doubt know. I have little doubt that he will know well what you have and what it's likely value/worth might be.

www.650central.com/

Best of luck, Blue

PostPosted: November 6, 2009, 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

I received tons of interest on this bike & got tired of emailing photos so I built this page which has several better pics along with more into on the bike:
gordonsmedt.com/XS650Tracker.html
Srinath

PostPosted: November 6, 2009, 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

How do you suppose they got to the motor to work on it.
Removable top frame rail ?

Cool.
Srinath.
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: November 6, 2009, 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

Looks like the motor drops out the botton via removing the front mount. Just curious, how much have you been offered. Do you think the motor has Kel Carruther's magic inside?

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
skysummit

PostPosted: November 6, 2009, 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pumped XS 650 with Kenny Roberts frame.

Yes, looks like the motor would easily drop out the bottom after removing the pipes & unbolting some brackets at the bottom of the frame.
This bike brought a lot more attention than I thought it would. Most of the contacts I've made are asking me to set a price which I haven't because I'm not sure what it's value is yet. The offers have been all over the place and a few are decent so I think it's most logical to post it up on eBay if I decide to sell it.
I was first looking to trade it for a nice middle size 4 stroke moto X bike for my son but there are only a few bikes my son is interested in so that is probably a long shot.
The frame came from Kenny Roberts but I'm not sure if it came with a motor? I doubt Kel had anything to do with this motor but who knows. The guy that had this motor built up to a 750 has passed.

gordonsmedt.com/XS650Tracker.html

Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1