650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > The Swap Meet > > A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways > > No rip offs please

No rip offs please
    Forum Index -> A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 2, 2009, 3:35 pm    Post subject: No rip offs please

Quote::
A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways
This forum is for anything motorcycle related you want to give away. Old parts, manuals, gear and nick-knacks that are just taking up space at home. You can give away just about anything with the exception of old boots; nobody wants your old athlete’s foot . Remember, this forum is set up to help out the other guy/gal that needs something. This is not set up to bring us rewards other than knowing we helped out another rider .

This is the heading for this forum. As there is no for sale column it is the most logical place to use for selling parts.
I have inquired after some parts fellow members are selling and i find the inflated asking prices, ( parts are broken and have have pieces missing), up to 6 times the amount that are getting passed in on ebay, is totally ridiculous......... If i have offended the seller then i suggest you check ebay..........I see nothing wrong selling a part for what it is worth but I suggest sellers read the bold highlighted part of the heading i have quoted above
Photo Gallery
danno

PostPosted: November 2, 2009, 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: No rip offs please

If this upsets you so much,maybe you should use ebay exclusively.
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 2, 2009, 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: No rip offs please

Don't go there Danno
Photo Gallery
danno

PostPosted: November 2, 2009, 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: No rip offs please

Wow,a nasty email followed by a threat. Sorry I even bothered trying to help.
oldbikenut

PostPosted: November 2, 2009, 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: No rip offs please

What's up?

I don't see the problem with people offering things here first(hopefully cheap), before they put things on ebay. I think if only things were given away in this forum, there would not be much on it! I'd rather give a little something to a fellow member who probably could use the money for his project then someone who just parts bikes and sells on ebay!

If people get greedy here, I just ignore them8)

The last thing I'll say is that I try to follow the rules of the site I'm visiting and I will personally not try and sell anything here, though I would probably buy something if the price was right!

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 3, 2009, 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: No rip offs please

I left names and details out of this post so as not to get into a s*** fight. This was a plea to sellers to be reasonable with their prices when selling to fellow club members.

I have no problem with fellow members selling parts or making a profit. As a buyer i am always looking for a bargain, that being said i am also prepared to pay a price above an ebay normal price to get a quality part and a sure buy
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: November 3, 2009, 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: No rip offs please

650skull wrote:
I left names and details out of this post so as not to get into a s*** fight. This was a plea to sellers to be reasonable with their prices when selling to fellow club members.

I have no problem with fellow members selling parts or making a profit. As a buyer i am always looking for a bargain, that being said i am also prepared to pay a price above an ebay normal price to get a quality part and a sure buy

True, when you get on a forum as knowledgeable as this one, you automatically assume some of the credibility. With that comes some responsibility.

Cool.
Srinath.
blackwidow

PostPosted: November 4, 2009, 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: No rip offs please

I try to keep my prices low on stuff I sell. I see no problem with selling stuff I think some people should ask more questions when buying stuff. I offer to take more pics so the buyer can get a better look at what there getting but alot of people dont want the more pics. I would hope that if someone had a problem with something I sold they would contact me instead of crying to a mod so I can make things right, Thats if they contact me within a reasonable and timely matter.Most of the people I sell to never even tell me they got the item so I can at least know that deal is done.

Forum Index -> A place to clean out your garage - Give Aways All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1