650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Dad's softail, drop seat bobber
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
scotts

PostPosted: November 19, 2009, 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

One more sneak preview....
Photo Gallery
danno

PostPosted: November 19, 2009, 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Very nice! Looks very Brat Style. I love the tank color. The wheels look great! Are they painted or powdercoated? Very clean looking mod to the rear of the frame. Can't wait to see this bike when it is completed!
nj1639

PostPosted: November 20, 2009, 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Inspiring!
scotts

PostPosted: November 20, 2009, 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

The wheels are painted and the lips lightly polished, sort of a satin sheen on the lips.
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: November 20, 2009, 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Lots of very hard work is what I see. Looks great. I'm not familiar with a "Wassell "? style tank. Where does that name come from?
See if you can get him to do some video of how it sounds when he gets it running. I would love to hear those pipes!

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
ironwill

PostPosted: November 20, 2009, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Sweet job. Is that a Vdub in the background?
scotts

PostPosted: November 20, 2009, 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Yep, one of three that I still have. It's up for sale, along with my '70.
I have too many toys and need to thin the herd. I'll also have at least one XS650 up for sale next Spring.
Here's the VW. Make an offer...I've found a car I want....
www.thesamba.com/vw/cl...?id=861353
Photo Gallery
ironwill

PostPosted: November 20, 2009, 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Wow...thats one sweet dub. In the middle of restoring a '73 Super (yuh, I know) Dare I ask what you've found that you want?
mmasac

PostPosted: November 21, 2009, 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

thats looking very good, keep us updated. IM a fan of this build!

Black paint, DOESN'T make it BAD ASS!!!

It is NOT a Chopper, Unless you CUT something!!!
benztech

PostPosted: November 28, 2009, 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

looking good.... now where have I've seen those wheels before.
scotts

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Dad's still chipping away at his bobber. Got the seat back from the upholstery shop.

Photo Gallery
scotts

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

And working on the wiring. He's using a combination of the bobber wiring diagram, factory diagram and a custom diagram done by none other than Pamco Pete himself.
The bike will still use the factory controls on the handlebars but most of the wiring around the frame will be hidden.
Wiring...ugh....

Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dad's softail, drop seat bobber

Looks like your dad does nice work

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2