650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
locoleon

PostPosted: August 13, 2009, 9:41 am    Post subject: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

Hey gents..
I thought Id offer this to members here as well.

We at DoTheTon (www.dotheton.com) thought it would be fun to put together a non-profit coffee-table book and I thought you guys way want to have yours bike pics in the book as well

The deadline for submission is looming... Sept 1/09

If you want your bike published on the first edition DoTheTon book, we need pictures and build specs submitted ASAP.

Here is the link to the post for detail.

dotheton.com/index.php?topic=7033.0

We need: 4 hi-rez pictures. (1 of the bike before, 3 of the bike after)
We need: file (.doc or .txt or whatever) of the description/build specs.
We need: Your user/handle name on DTT and location ie. Chicago DTT, Toronto DTT, NorPAC DTT, AussiePosse DTT... you get the idea.

Pics with girls on the bikes are fine but NO Nudie shots... It is afterall a coffee-table book so lets try to keep it tasteful..

Thanks
dpmphoto

PostPosted: November 10, 2009, 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

I myself do not want any sort of exposure for our hobbie/way of life.The next thing you know it'll take off like the harley fad and parts and project bikes will become scarce and pricey.not to mention all the posers.Leave it alone my friend,there's too many bikes being cut up as it is
Mathil

PostPosted: November 11, 2009, 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

dpmphoto wrote:
I myself do not want any sort of exposure for our hobbie/way of life.The next thing you know it'll take off like the harley fad and parts and project bikes will become scarce and pricey.not to mention all the posers.Leave it alone my friend,there's too many bikes being cut up as it is

Its shameful to steal the joy from others that you yourself experience, due to your own greed.
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: November 13, 2009, 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

I am not sure on the book idea either i do it for pleashure not glory and I think xs owners are a funy bunch not as stuck up as harley owners Smile so I agree leave it be I like being a rarety on the road

PostPosted: November 14, 2009, 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

Hey Mathil your a jerk off and have no idea what your talking about,its got nothing to do with greed. You just don't get it do ya go buy a harley a nice leather costume and go ride with the posers, thats where u belong sharing your joy moron
Mathil

PostPosted: November 14, 2009, 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

dpmphoto wrote:
Hey Mathil your a jerk off and have no idea what your talking about,its got nothing to do with greed. You just don't get it do ya go buy a harley a nice leather costume and go ride with the posers, thats where u belong sharing your joy moron

No need to be angsty. I was merely stating that somewhere in the past somebody probably got you started wrenching, or inspired you in motorsports. To not pass that on to other people won't make your life any better, its just going to deprive others of the same joy that someone else passed on to you.

So what if people want to put 15 square meters of chrome accessories on their 2009 Harley, dress up in assless chaps with tassles and "ruin" daytona bike week for the "real" bikers. Do what you enjoy in life, and try to pass it off to the next generation. You yourself did not start this thing, it was handed to you. Have some respect for those that came before you and hand it off to someone else before you die.
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 14, 2009, 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

Quote::
The next thing you know it'll take off like the harley fad and parts and project bikes will become scarce and pricey.not to mention all the posers.Leave it alone my friend,there's too many bikes being cut up as it is
I was merely stating that somewhere in the past somebody probably got you started wrenching, or inspired you in motorsports. To not pass that on to other people won't make your life any better, its just going to deprive others of the same joy that someone else passed on to you.

Selfishness is what it is. ...........(I don't like the amount of chopped bikes either But it is every persons right to do as he pleases with his/hers bike).............It is to late to think the XS is still an unknown bike, look at the information that has cropped up in the last 2 years. How many sites and forums are devoted to the XS. And if you want to lay blame, then Mikes XS for making the parts to put these bikes back on the road so your bike doesn't still sit in the back of your shed collecting dust.

Here is a man, locoleon, and all he wants to do is show of some of yours and mine pride and joy and all you can do is dump on him dpmphoto.

I have been saying for the last 2 years that this is happening and you only have to look at the cost of parts on ebay and even some of the members here who are asking for ridiculous money for their parts.

Information should be shared, look at the members like Jayal, XSjohn, pamco pete, and others and the guys at 650 garage, who give so much, other wise sites like this would not exist
People like you dpmphoto cheapen their value with an attitude like yours
Go and find another hard to find parts for bike that is cheep and watch the dust on it
Photo Gallery
dpmphoto

PostPosted: November 14, 2009, 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND READ MY POST AGAIN BEFORE YOU DUMP ON ME, INSULT ME AND MAKE ACCUSATIONS FROM NOT WHAT I WROTE BUT WHAT YOU THINK I'M THINKING.

I NEVER DUMPED ON ANYONE

HAVE GIVEN AWAY PARTS FOR FREE (VERY SELFISH OF ME)

I'M ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP ANYONE AND HAVE IN THE PAST

U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME OR MY ATTITUDE

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND GO FIX THE VAULT
dpmphoto

PostPosted: November 14, 2009, 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

Almost forgot to tell the members.BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY DONT TELL PEOPLE HOW YOU REALLY FEEL ABOUT A TOPIC OR YOU MIGHT GET PERSONALLY ATTACKED BY A STAFF MEMBER NO LESS.WHAT A FRIENDLY SITE
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 16, 2009, 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

I myself do not want any sort of exposure for our hobbie/way of life.The next thing you know it'll take off like the harley fad and parts and project bikes will become scarce and pricey.

Your right dpmphoto, It wasn't locoleon you dumped on and i got mixed up reading the posts. It was Mathil and any Harley rider (And i think a few members have one) and i think the quote above is yours.
I was not in any way referring to you as a rip off, merely stating an example of the rising cost of parts and an experience within the site pertains to the rising costs, the gate is open and the horse has bolted.

The top quote is yours and it can be looked on as being greedy (I think more selfishness, not a criticism an observation).

As for fixing the Vault, input is always welcome to make it better or easier. If you have any suggestions get hold of Yamaman, Weekender or myself..........Could do without the yelling though, my ears hurt
Photo Gallery
dpmphoto

PostPosted: November 16, 2009, 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

Yeh i have a harley too whats your point leave it alone and leave me alone
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 16, 2009, 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

Laughing
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: November 16, 2009, 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

So I guit the politics for a bit and you ladies still find a way to get your panties in a wad..... Laughing

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
twinsarehot

PostPosted: November 16, 2009, 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

mmmm...panties.

PostPosted: November 18, 2009, 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_oV0qd_IY
xsjohn

PostPosted: November 18, 2009, 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics needed 4 Cafe Racer Book - DTT 1st Edition

We are getting along.........had generations of practice.......... Laughing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjNqlhPFc4Y
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1