650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Newbie from Scotland U.K

Newbie from Scotland U.K
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
xskev

PostPosted: July 14, 2009, 11:44 pm    Post subject: Newbie from Scotland U.K

Hi Guys,My name is Kev and i am from Scotland in the U.K.i have a 1975 yamaha XS650 Street Tracker which has been brought up to date with a few trick mods- Twin Tokico front brake calipers with floating discs,34 mikuni round slid carbs with K&N filters,LCD clocks built into original clocks,hydraulic clutch,Kawasaki flush fuel cap built into original tank,Fibre glass seat cowl from U.K dealer,exhaust system (sounds awesome),Rear foot rests,rear disc coversion,Boyer Bransden electronic ignition,Rear light conversion.
I'm used to riding Honda XR650R's but fancied something a bit different and this certainly is.
Kev.

!btpldi!!2k~$(kgrhgookiuejllmv48!bkhzz,,+ng~~_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.5 KB
 Viewed:  192 Time(s)

!btpldi!!2k~$(kgrhgookiuejllmv48!bkhzz,,+ng~~_1.jpg

Photo Gallery
ady66

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

Looks good, you've put a fair bit of work into it. Is it electric start only (can't see a kicker)? Where did you hide the battery - doesn't look like there's much room behind the seat, and what rear shocks did you use; they look a bit beefier than the stockers.

Welcome to the site, there's some good info on here (and a few arguments Very Happy )

Ady
xskev

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

Ady,i bought it from a guy in Huddersfield called Ady are you sure your not him trying to catch me out :lol:.the only thing i have done is fit the Boyer ignition and fitted larger K&N filters,the guy i bought it from had done everything else,he has made a cracking job of the restore it is very well done.the battery sits under the seat in a custom made box along with the electrics the battery is a gel type one so it can sit on it's side.there is no kick start as it would not work with those rear rests so the hole for the kick start has been welded up.i'm not sure where the rear shocks came from but the suspension is soild.i think i'll invest in a new set as when i go over a bump in the road at speed my arse leaves the seat which is kind of dangerous whilst traveling at speed.i'm also looking at changing the headlight to a rectangular one if i can find one suitable.
Thanks for the welcome i have found alot of useful info
on here.
Kev

Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

Welcome Kev, looks like a lot of fun you have there. If you get a chance , put up some pics of a couple of those mods like the LCDs in the clocks, the hydraulic clutch, and the Kaw fuel cap setup. Haven't seen much of those mods but always like to see what another fellow has done. Gives me ideas. Cheers!

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
xskev

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

There's pic's of the LCD clocks in my gallery.i would put pic's on of the other mods if i could work out how to reduce the size of my pictures the majority of them can't be attached as they are to large.
Kev.

Photo Gallery
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

To reduce the picture size;
The "Paint" program on your computer will do it:

Right click on the picture.
Click on "Edit"
Click on "Image"
Click on "Stretch and Skew"
"Stretch" and try any percentage you want, but I find 50 % works for me.
"save as" ...........new file name, and that's it!

They need to be less than 1400 pixels.
Photo Gallery
ady66

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

XS Kev wrote:

Quote::
"Ady,i bought it from a guy in Huddersfield called Ady are you sure your not him trying to catch me out :lol:."
No, not me mate, I'm a bit further south. Smile
Yeah, rearsets and kickstarter gave me a headache. At the moment I have to flip up my footpeg and kick it (no electric foot). A pain if I stall it at the lights! I'll modify it eventually.

Ady (not from Huddersfield)
xskev

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

Retiredgentleman wrote:
To reduce the picture size;
The "Paint" program on your computer will do it:

Right click on the picture.
Click on "Edit"
Click on "Image"
Click on "Stretch and Skew"
"Stretch" and try any percentage you want, but I find 50 % works for me.
"save as" ...........new file name, and that's it!

They need to be less than 1400 pixels.

Thanks for the tip.

Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

Nice one Kev..Wasnt that on Ebay last week?
No, it wasnt mine either , Im even further south! Wink

gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
xskev

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Scotland U.K

xs1961 wrote:
Nice one Kev..Wasnt that on Ebay last week?
No, it wasnt mine either , Im even further south! Wink

Iv'e had it 6 weeks now.

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1