650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Frames > > what are these handlebars called?

what are these handlebars called?
    Forum Index -> Frames
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: May 21, 2009, 7:41 pm    Post subject: what are these handlebars called?

i like these, but i need the style they are called, so i can get the 7/8" version of them.
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 21, 2009, 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

those were just the stock bars didn't really have a style name, you might try looking for Laconia bars (named after the race track) they were called that back in the day

www.weirsbeach.com/Lar...overs.html

Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 21, 2009, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

jayel, that's a great link. I love motorcycling through New England. In 1977 , I enjoyed a motorcycle trip with 2 friends through New Hampshire and Maine, ending at Old Orchard Beach. Fabulous scenery!
Photo Gallery
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: May 22, 2009, 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

ive decided to bob my stock bike. but i dont want low cafe bars, or ape hangers, so ive decided to put an extended swingarm from wiseguys choppers on the bike, and bob it! but i want some bars like the pics up there! i have found some beach bars, and bagger bars, but i dont think they are the same.

PostPosted: May 23, 2009, 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

They kinda look like dirt track bars. Around 4 or 5 inch rise, about 10 inch pullback, 34 or so wide.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: May 23, 2009, 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

thanks!!
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 23, 2009, 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

Those bars are two piece Harley bars. Each side can be adjusted independantly. As far as I know nobady makes a 7/8 bar of that style. At least I've never seen one. They are also hard to find in 1" other than antique Harley catalogs.
Look at dirt track or flat track style bars. There are some of those that are close. Also, look at Euro bars.

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

my buddy who rides harleys, suggested we make a set. hes got a whole lot more experience with such things than i do. i figure we'll give it a try.

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...tsupported

i found these, i know they arent exact.

i dont know. this i s a tough one.

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

mikesxs sells the #10 bend for $29. In black chrome too.

tom graham
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: June 7, 2009, 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

found em!!!!

lowbrowcustoms.com/ind...ProdID=303

PostPosted: June 7, 2009, 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

Do you really think those are the same? They seem like they have a much sharper, higher bend in them. I have been looking for bars similar to the original ones you posted and have yet to find them too.
Photo Gallery
ghostyder

PostPosted: June 7, 2009, 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

those biltwell bars are the s***. i like all their stuff

PostPosted: June 7, 2009, 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

I just put a set of bars on my bike. the ones on it were the same as the Seca bars, low and narrow, all I could see in the mirrors was my shoulders.
A local dirt bike,atv salvage yard had a set lying around that where a little higher ,wider and pulled back a bit more. He gave them to me. They are great bars, Have welded in bar wieghts, I had to grind a little off some drilled holes in the bars so the throttle would return.
I can see past my shoulders and they don't vibrate as much as the stock bars. I set up a bit straighter, feels much better on my back.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: October 25, 2009, 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: what are these handlebars called?

i ordered the biltwells, they look alright. they definitely arent the same as i really want, but theyre close enough to do the job for now. this guy has some sweet bars, not terribly expensive either. and just a hair on the other side of the bars i really want. its going to be hard without a time machine to get the bars i want.

Forum Index -> Frames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1