650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > hello all

hello all
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
gordonscott

PostPosted: May 8, 2009, 5:36 pm    Post subject: hello all

Hello, my name is gordon scott but answer to both. Been around bikes for 30+ years and on the forums for a few years now so I probably know some of you already Smile I like all types of builds and styles, I have a few xs's now and find them most chameleon like, choppers, cafe, adventure bikes, they can be almost anything! Anybody here into sidecars? would love to hear what others think of a hack on an XS Very Happy well glad to be here and I make custom pipes for the XS as well so if I can be of help just ask.

cimg3596.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.49 KB
 Viewed:  141 Time(s)

cimg3596.jpg

small for web.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.89 KB
 Viewed:  185 Time(s)

small for web.jpg

cimg4102.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.03 KB
 Viewed:  145 Time(s)

cimg4102.jpg

650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: May 8, 2009, 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: hello all

Don't mention side cars...oh my god, look out, whats that sound.......stomp, stomp, crush, push, shove.............AAAAAAAAAAAAh its. Barbera Laughing

Nice rig Gordon 8), saw the photo you posted on the other post, can't make up your mind if you want a 2 wheeler or 3 Laughing Love the spokes on the rig, to many have wheels that look or come off of cars
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: May 8, 2009, 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: hello all

Sidecars? Did someone say sidecars? Mmmm.....like sidecars!

Hi Gordon,

I've got about 7000 miles this last year on my XS/chair combo---a '77 "D" and a '65 Spirit of America chair. Loads of fun, especially for the grandkids. I love the looks of your rig--very purposeful!

So--yeah. I can happily talk chairs all day---the one on my bike now is the second one to grace it's frame--I rode the first one into the ground in the 1980's.

Oh, and you might want to check out Sidecars.com---a neat site for ideas and lots of nice pictures.

Welcome to the site!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
gordonscott

PostPosted: May 10, 2009, 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: hello all

Hi Barbara, looking at your list of bikes, first off anyone with that much vintage Brit iorn is the real deal for sure, WOW! Barb this is my first bike with a sidecar but would like to make it a real rig, change rake and trail and such. Could you tell me a little about how your outfit handles? Did you change your tree's or anything to get the trail right for easy steering? As a newbie that was the second thing I found out LOL.... the first was the right hand turn. I have the sidecar set up ok I think, on level ground it tracks strait and true but is very sensitive to road crown Mad this gets much worse with a person in the car. I know I can't get rid of this effect as it is the nature of the beast, but I think I can make it better with some work, stiffer shocks, tow in, lean out, maybe a sway bar? The spirit is a very nice looking chair, liked them the first time I seen one and am sure the kids love it. When mounting my rig on the xs I found it a bit difficult because the bottom rear mount had to go to the same spot as the stock exhaust mount, and the stock pipes would be it the way. there was no place else to put it so I just cut the mount off the frame and mounted the sidecar mount there. I made a set of pipes for the other side of the bike so no biggie for me but how did you do it on yours? could you share some pictures of your mounting setup? sorry so many Q's Smile Any other advice you could share I'm all ears, I always pay attention when someone in the know is willing to teach me something Very Happy p.s. giving the neighborhood kids rides, they come out of the woodwork when this thing is parked out front Laughing

cimg4207.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.67 KB
 Viewed:  155 Time(s)

cimg4207.jpg

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1