650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > nice from far but far from nice

nice from far but far from nice
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

It's a real tough lookin' street fighter, Dude. If I wanted a street fighter and I had yours, I wouldn't change the look at all. I might add a tach to match the speedo, sorta balance the "dash" a little. But it's fine the way it is.
2-Skinny

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Don't suppose you made a template for the headlight brackets...
Gmaan
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 29, 2009, 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

What yo need is a nice set of rear sets...........
1974 Kawasaki H1 500 triple (MY BABY)
1975 Yamaha TX 650 (just need paint)
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

I dont like rear sets because I actualy like being cramped up in a ball so to speak when riding because i feal more in control of the bike that way and I have tried rear sets n my friends and I just find it wasnt for me and as for 2 skiny on headlight brackets no I am sorry I jyst meashured the distance between headlight ears and factored in the width of the light and spun the bungs on the lathe and for the litle up/down part its just some aluminium stock I had lying around I just eyed it so it looked cool if you need help let me know

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Sorry guys haven been on the net In a while I got a oil cooler and fork brace somone asked about the bmw headlight sorry to say I realy dont know my cousin in europe has a cbr streetfighter with lights like that and I like it so he sent me a set I thinx they are a genuine accesory on the x5 like fog lights as far as I know .

dsc04197.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.49 KB
 Viewed:  380 Time(s)

dsc04197.jpg

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

cooler

dsc04202.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.58 KB
 Viewed:  397 Time(s)

dsc04202.jpg

PostPosted: April 20, 2009, 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Love the fork brace man! So the lights are from a Bimmer? They look tits, wonder if I could get those over here. I know Hella makes some similar lights...
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: April 20, 2009, 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

oh man I think anything can be made fit very easy and yeah i dont thnk it would be made hard to fit the hella ones I have seen them same basic stuf probably all from the same factory and I have also put on some revese cone megaphones short 17 inch ones and I will wrap the headers when done Ill post pics but the megaphones have made a huge diference nice bark not as ofensivly loud and a bit of back preshure seems to make it go a bit harder Smile anyhow thanx for the coment

PostPosted: October 4, 2009, 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

new exhaust setup with a wrap and new muflers

PostPosted: October 4, 2009, 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

here is the pic

01082009(001).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.86 KB
 Viewed:  487 Time(s)

01082009(001).jpg

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: October 4, 2009, 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Very nice!

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: October 5, 2009, 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

thanx im about to pull it apart again to put the floating discs and braided lines and to remove the baterry box and clean that space under the seat and a bit of a spray job im thinking white with red gt stripe

PostPosted: October 5, 2009, 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Don't paint it! It looks "real" now - not like a store bought piece of man jewelry...!
ttmaniac

PostPosted: October 26, 2009, 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

They wouldn't let me get away with that license plate mount around here. Had to fabricate a steel one.

Only thing I would suggest is removing that front fender. I hate front fenders. Outside of that, that bike is serious looking. A no frills vibe. I like it.
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: October 26, 2009, 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

I would like to hear the sound out of those shorty mufflers.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: November 8, 2009, 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

sound is very deep and throaty and for the numberplate mount it is stee
hehehe its just thin

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2