650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > nice from far but far from nice

nice from far but far from nice
Go to page 1, 2  Next
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 6:51 am    Post subject: nice from far but far from nice

almost done a bit more to do

resized new.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.07 KB
 Viewed:  847 Time(s)

resized new.jpg

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

I like it, post more pics...
Ride Safe
cpotts454

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Great looking bike. Its a nice cross between tracker and street fighter. Keep the pics coming!
Photo Gallery
sesamharold

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Too many colours imho - or is the paintwork that "bit more to do"?
BigGeorge

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

ABSINTHE, where did you get the headlight set up?...............BG

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

sesamharold wrote:
Too many colours imho - or is the paintwork that "bit more to do"?

Hello,

imho don't change a single thing Leave that paint scheme alone! For me that thing looks like its ready for track day. Some bikes I see that have been converted in to cafe's that have the "59" logos on them and" cafe" logos on them look cheesy. The same with trackers that have "street tracker"on them look cheesy in my mind aswell.

Of course this is your bike and your creation.......do what makes you happy. Ultimately who cares what I or anyone else really thinks. But if it were my bike I would leave it and enjoy it.

Dave
80xs650

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Subject line: "nice from far but far from nice"

Sorry, but you are dead wrong. It's nice. Smile

ABSINTHE

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

thanx guys to the above coment on colour I wont be changing it I like it like that I have some floating discs to go on with some brembo calipers new lighter batery box I have the starter motor removed I will wrap the exhaust ehaders in some black exhaust wrap next week I have 50 meters of the stuf left over from another project. And finaly headlight is a hella spotlight normaly used on a bmw I dont know which model my cousin sent it to me from germany but thanx all for nice coments

resized new 3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  166.22 KB
 Viewed:  857 Time(s)

resized new 3.jpg

resized new 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.31 KB
 Viewed:  593 Time(s)

resized new 2.jpg

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

already on it I have vm 34 mikunis shell racing cam polish ported head and an boyer ignition rebuilt shocks in the front with gold vallves and thicker oil the bike is very light and with the mods so fa I find it very qiock on the streets. still to come as I mentioned are floating discs and brembo calipers I scored from ebay and I need to paint the frame and wheels do some more polishing and that will be it I ride it everyday so I dont want it perfect

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

It looks to me like just the sort of bike that would reach out from the garage, grab dogs as they walked past, and eat them for breakfast!

I really like it! My '77 is stock, but the '79 is going to be a cafe bike when it's finished. Without hesitation or shame I'm gonna steal some of your ideas that I see on that bike! Laughing

Very nice!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Is it wrong to have "disc brake envy"? Wink

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
penn71911

PostPosted: February 10, 2009, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Dude... that's bad A$$...

'82 XS650 - Daily rider
'77 Honda CB750 - Recently adopted
'70 Yamaha CS3 - Saved from the junk pile...
Photo Gallery
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: February 11, 2009, 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

my new dash board with idiot lights for indicator and neutral

dsc04127.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.1 KB
 Viewed:  527 Time(s)

dsc04127.jpg

PostPosted: February 11, 2009, 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

pumps wrote:
Is it wrong to have "disc brake envy"? Wink
no its not envy away heheh joking its goint to have one 320 mm floating disc on the front witha brembo 4pot caliper and a 320 mm floating disc on the back with a single pot brembo caliper originaly from aprilia

PostPosted: February 12, 2009, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Holy crap, looks nice! Did you modify the charging system to run those headlights? What about the mounts, fab that yourself? Also like the shocks- what brand? OOh, also what front fender is that?
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: February 12, 2009, 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

no I didnt mod the charging sistem I think they suck less power than the standard light did. Shocks are ebay jobies somone said they are showa and the front fender is a stock one cut down with a die grinder but most of the bike is rewiered due to the handlebar switches I use and I run a boyer electrnic ignition. when the bike is started I flick on the headlight shich and I dont notice the bikes rpm change so I dont think its afecting it i have been riding it like that for about 2 months so Smile I think its all sweet

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Cool looking bike. Do you have trouble with the bars hitting the tank?
Dunbar

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

bike looks bitchin', i wouldn't change a thing...ok, i might paint the tail section, but other than that, i wouldn't change a thing!

Cheers.

ABSINTHE

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Dunbar wrote:
bike looks bitchin', i wouldn't change a thing...ok, i might paint the tail section, but other than that, i wouldn't change a thing!

Cheers.

no they dont hit the tank ecause they are mounted in front of the fork and I have put them on a angle so that at full lock they have around 10 mm of clerance maybie its because its a special tank which is smaller and a bit more narow than the standard, and the tail isnt geting painted its white gelcoat I sanded and washed and it looks like flat white I like it

dsc03827.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.25 KB
 Viewed:  549 Time(s)

dsc03827.jpg

dsc04030r.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.27 KB
 Viewed:  560 Time(s)

dsc04030r.jpg

PostPosted: February 13, 2009, 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

What you have done with your bike is exactly what got me wanting a XS650. Absolutely looks great and looks like alot of fun to ride!
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: February 14, 2009, 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

oldbikenut wrote:
What you have done with your bike is exactly what got me wanting a XS650. Absolutely looks great and looks like alot of fun to ride!
thank you and it is fun to ride it goes like a raped ape

PostPosted: March 11, 2009, 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

amazing....very good looking bike. just a question though, is that a stock front end with a different handle bar set up?

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Can you give the specifics on the BMW headlights?

Last edited by Ken99 on March 12, 2009, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
metalredneck

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: nice from far but far from nice

Looks great from here!

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2