650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Fuel > > Setting a carb up for open exhaust

Setting a carb up for open exhaust
    Forum Index -> Fuel
krunk

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 12:54 pm    Post subject: Setting a carb up for open exhaust

Is there a standard for a 650 to be set up when somone wants to run open exhaust with baffles? Does it need to be rejetted ect?

I just figured there might be a point to start at when someone wants to run open exhaust. Thanks!
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting a carb up for open exhaust

You'll most certainly need to rejet. Have you still got the airbox or pods. Open exhausts do sound nice i must admit but you want to get your jetting right or you could end up doing damage to the motor. There are lots of guys on here who can help. I put bsa mufflers on mine and they sound sweet, loud but nice. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
krunk

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting a carb up for open exhaust

Forgot to mention I'll be using baffles if that matters, and those XSPerformance K&N filers on the carbs Very Happy
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting a carb up for open exhaust

Dont use those cheap round filters, i use those xs performance filters much better. what year is it?
Photo Gallery
krunk

PostPosted: July 29, 2008, 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting a carb up for open exhaust

1979 XS Special Very Happy
Photo Gallery
Finksies

PostPosted: July 31, 2008, 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting a carb up for open exhaust

I got jets coming from mikes. I took the tip off 650motorcycles for the jet sizes. Mines an 1980 So I guess it lean from the factory. It tells sizes there for 1970's with strait exhaust. Try there first, then i guess its gunne be a trail and error thing.
cdn650er

PostPosted: July 31, 2008, 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting a carb up for open exhaust

well i hope you have better luck than me but i was using 38 vm round slide carbs and 2 inch pipes hade to make exhaust port optimizers 180 mains 25 pilot jets air jet removed id have to check what needle im back to the carb came off of a 700cc polaris sled it has taken me 2 months to get it to run rite good luck i hope i can help if you need more info

Forum Index -> Fuel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1