650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > A couple of seat questions, please advise!

A couple of seat questions, please advise!
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
krunk

PostPosted: July 20, 2008, 10:34 pm    Post subject: A couple of seat questions, please advise!

I wanna run a nice leather spring solo seat for around town and such, but what about for those REALLY long trips? Myself, my dad and a lot of friends are wanting to head up to tail of the dragon, and I'm thinking a solo seat may not be the best for that. Or maybe my inexperience with solo seats is showing through? Are they comfortable for long distance?

Are there any backrests available for solo seats? Something that is removable?

And lastly, are there any passenger seats that can be added and removed on the fly? I was thinking something may work on the rear part of the frame.
Photo Gallery
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 20, 2008, 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple of seat questions, please advise!

The only solo seat I find comfortable (if you're talking spring mounted seats) is the Harley police style seat. Often called a tricycle seat of tractor seat. Big, curved to fit your butt and very comfortable for a long ride.

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
Cooltouch

PostPosted: July 21, 2008, 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: A couple of seat questions, please advise!

I have one that looks a lot like this one on my hardtail Sporty:

www.jpcycles.com/produ...e=&search=

It is very uncomfortable for more than about a 30 minute ride. I plan to replace it with a police/tractor style solo.

Best,

ichael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
krunk

PostPosted: July 21, 2008, 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: A couple of seat questions, please advise!

Cooltouch wrote:
I have one that looks a lot like this one on my hardtail Sporty:

www.jpcycles.com/produ...mp;search=

It is very uncomfortable for more than about a 30 minute ride. I plan to replace it with a police/tractor style solo.

Best,

ichael

Yeah, I seen that. Can you explain what those other pads are for?

And any advice on secondary removable/temporary seat?
Photo Gallery
Cooltouch

PostPosted: July 21, 2008, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple of seat questions, please advise!

Those other pads are "pillion" pads. For the babe sitting on your rear fender, getting bounced around by the hardtail.

Best,

ichael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
krunk

PostPosted: July 21, 2008, 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: A couple of seat questions, please advise!

Cooltouch wrote:
Those other pads are "pillion" pads. For the babe sitting on your rear fender, getting bounced around by the hardtail.

Best,

ichael

Ahh I see....doesn't look very comfortable....but I guess that's what I'm looking for. It's not gonna be a hard tail, so maybe it will be a little better.

The hard part is getting the couple girls I talk too to actually sit above a tire that is 4" below their ass, lol.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1