650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > High Performance Modifications > > All the rest > > UGLYNESS

UGLYNESS
Go to page 1, 2  Next
    Forum Index -> All the rest
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 1:46 pm    Post subject: UGLYNESS

Just got run off the road by another ugly American in his 4 wheeled tank. When I asked him what in the world he was doing he told me to “eat s and f’n die”… Soon at 20 dollars a gallon we will truly be free from idiots to cruse in peace………….Bad enough dodging deer and buzzards but you can shoot them……….

John Underwood

Last edited by xsjohn on June 16, 2008, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

We've got em everywhere over here mate & our roads are a lot narrower & winding, they're a bloody menace!
Even though petrols £4+ ($7.50)& the road licence / tax is £200 ($380) & going up to £400 ($750) per year - the rich tossers still keep buying them & ramming us poor bikers!

gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

We should lobby for special rights.

Thats why I run a 36 tooth back sprocket mate.....torque past em in record time in town. I don't hardly screw with the freeway. In my experience the freeway has more women in suv's than anywhere. My bike is so damn loud that most everyone knows I'm comin'.....comin' to put my front tire over the the top of their precious left fender and torque-blitz past em'!
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

Bought myself a new rear tire for mother's day -- So she wouldn't have to worry about me....

John

Last edited by xsjohn on May 28, 2007, 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

What are you running and how much? Performance? Wet traction?
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

Just something that won't blow while I'm dodging the deer and trying to keep this dang thing on the road ...They wear out so fast I can't keep track of them......Bought a conti tour again...It lasted way longer that the baracuda that was gone in 6 months.........

John

Last edited by xsjohn on May 28, 2007, 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

I've had such good luck with Kenda cruiser model tires that I can't bring myself to switch to a brand double in cost. I can get a rear for 50 or 60 bucks. It doesn't last long but is pretty sticky allowing me to get a good hook up off the line. Water performance is like every tire on a torquey xs...scary...doesn't help that the front has a line right down it that shoots a beam of water down the middle of my face (I don't run a front fender). But I don't ride in rain. I've been caught in rain once in FL which seems unbelievable but I live on a beach (sand bar) and the seabreezes always blow the storms inland.
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

Sounds like Fla could use some storms blown inland soon before the terrorists and or tourist burn the last twig.....Dang.......Couldn't be you guys with no spark arrestors could it.......

John
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

It's been smoky big time. Thursday we couldn't even work cause it rolled in so thick. Visibility was 200 yards at best with thicker patches wafting around choking people. We all smelled like a southern barbecue. Last time I smelled that was up north....camping and all. It's startin' to blow off though.
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 13, 2007, 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

Been dry here to.....We should be careful though cause Al Gore will be back soon in full flaming costume...God don't let it be a speedo.....Been pouring a bit of beer out while riding hoping to keep this place here in NC from bursting into flames too....Well at least that's what I plan to tell the judge...........

John
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

XS1961---Can't think of many things more dangerous than riding a motorcycle except maybe sky diving with a homemade parachute into a hurricane.......$7.50 a gallon.....Dang.....

John
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

Where are the soccer thugs when you need em?
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 14, 2007, 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

Tending to the soccer moms?

John
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 16, 2008, 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: "Wish Gas Was 10 Dollars A Gallon"

Thought I would make this post for ugliness only.......and maybe some wake up calls....worked for me..xsohn

home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 16, 2008, 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

Think just slowing down and taking it easy will help as much as any .......till some kid runs over you from the back........

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 16, 2008, 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

Worked for Yamaha testing and fixing road racers when I was younger and dumber and didn't give it much thought.....now I am beating my riding buddies to "slow down".....they just think I have turned into a wimp.......guess they are right....but they still have a lot to learn.....and I am still alive after 50 years of dodging trouble..at age 61 now....but it ain't over yet.......and it is amazing how bad you can dick yourself up at even 25MPH...........xsjohn
Photo Gallery
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 16, 2008, 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

>>now I am beating my riding buddies to "slow down".....they just think I have turned into a wimp.......<<

Not a wimp xsjohn, just someone who thinks the ride is more important than the destination. Crap, anyone can buy a fast bike if they want to go fast, and granted, mot of us did at one time, but after riding a few years and getting to understand what riding is all about, speed becomes less important and the enjoyment of the journey becomes foremost.
I used to ride with a bunch who liked to blast along at 80-90mph. I rode along at 65 to 70 and I guarantee I enjoyed the ride more than they did.

dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
Joseph

PostPosted: June 17, 2008, 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

xsjohn wrote:
Think just slowing down and taking it easy will help as much as any .......till some kid runs over you from the back........

xsjohn
Thats my big fear I've, noticed some bikers stay almost inbeetween cars at lights, maybee thats why.
My garand father is 80 and has benn riding his hole life now on a 3 wheel goldwing. He is fine,

Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 17, 2008, 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

Hopefully this discussion will make us all think about safety.......Started all this because of my worry for some of my friends that buy these huge powerful bikes and seem to not have a care in the world while riding them........And my sons friends are all buying these 600's that will go over 120 and all they do is sit around and talk about how fast they can go.....or what they can to put on it to make it go faster..........

They all seem to think they are John Wayne.......shot in the shoulder by a 30-30 and tended by a Red Head for three days and then ride off into the sunset all healed up by the next day for the next bar room brawl.......

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
weekendrider
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: June 17, 2008, 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

My son's drooling over R6's lately. Sent him the link and got the reply he's selling his bike and taking a hammer to the carbs on his mothers. Shocked . He's supposed to show up to help cut calves this weekend. Hope he brings his pocket knife and not a 4 lb. Sad . After looking at the helmet chart I guess we'll be springing for full face helmets soon and shelving the 3/4's. Do they make full face helmets that don't look like demon faces? Anyone care to suggest a brand they like and why?
erb224

PostPosted: June 17, 2008, 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

Pretty sick pictures. I'll make sure my wife never sees that site.

Funny, I have an old z-28 that I've gone 100+ in but I never EVER had the urge to take my bike that fast. I think the fastest I've gone was 70 in a 65.

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 17, 2008, 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

This is what its like all over the UK, most 'bikers' here obsessed with sports bikes , they make up about 95% of 2-wheelers.on our roads... Noisy ,boring & dangerous wankers !
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: June 21, 2008, 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

is the problem the riders or the cagers? if we have to wear helmets do the cagers have to attend training courses to watch for motorcyclist? alot of the fatalities occur because cagers "don't see" motorcyclist. one time that a cager turned left in front of me, a town and county cops saw the inccident, the driver jumped out and hollered " he was going to fast and i didn't see him." the cops asked him " if you didn't see him then how did you know he was going to fast?" i was about twenty five mph. he paid for the repairs to the bike and my hospital bill. but it didn't really help the pains i get from the broken shoulder. and that was twenty some years ago. it still hurts.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 21, 2008, 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: UGLYNESS

There will be no reprieve for cyclist…..I see it getting worse as the cagers as you call them getting even more sloppy as they sink deeper into economic despair…….and there will also be more unexperienced cyclist trying to get around among them to save money on gas….even the experienced ones will be in more jepordy......like another Shanghai as I would see it….....another catch 22 for sure……… xsjohn
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> All the rest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2