650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Current financial crisis

Current financial crisis
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 22, 2009, 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Here's how real men do it, man up and quit'cer whinin'

harley_wrecking_crew.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.26 KB
 Viewed:  560 Time(s)

harley_wrecking_crew.jpg

xsjohn

PostPosted: December 25, 2009, 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Just watched Msnbc’s 2025…is full of more liberal Gore type brain washing…the end is coming soon crap if we don’t act…..which means massive government intervention…..definite “Cap and Trade” ponzi fraud carbon trading scheme supporters…Brought to you soon by Obummer….and his Chicago mob……..

antipollutionrevolutio...earth.html

Here is what the liberals are planning for you and your country…and worse…..better research it……..the green police will be here soon if not already.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLK5HJxlgI
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 26, 2009, 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Lets try this for size.
In India I used to ride a small motorcycle that used to run ~15-180 miles a gallon. That was back in 1987.
Now they make a 225 FI bike that runs almost 100 mph and 150+ mpg.
And what do the Japanese do in the US ... yea dump garbage Harley clones ...
Lets see a cap and trade or otherwise disincentive to use up a lot of gasoline.
I am not saying we need cap and trade, I am just saying we're using up a lot of gas to do the same thing other countries do. OK India is warm and usually slow so we dont need a lot of weather or safety gear, still the US is so anti motorcycle its not even funny. It will be a lot safer for bikers if they took 90% of cars off the road somehow and put bikes there. There needs to be a way to make that happen.
Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 26, 2009, 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Some Americans want big motorcycles ..getting cagers on motorcycles may even be beyond Pelosi's talents.......it's not the end of the earth and the sky isn't falling..........wish John Coleman was our president and all the cap and traitors and crooks in washington would just fall over from some illusion of a co2 caused catastrophy......level heads have discussed all of this but these Marxist's have an agenda......and a bad on at that......better look into it more carefully.......and not from msnbc or cbs or abc or cnn or the like.......

John Coleman (founder of the weather channel...what would he know)......there is 1-3 ....I didn't post which is pretty good too.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ZXdX3qtQI

Instead we have something like THIS>>>>>>

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrA9zj94NuU
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 26, 2009, 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

No one uses motorcycles to commute. They treat it like some expensive toy. AKA they have too much money and very little sense or taste. Bikes make excellent commute vehicles. If the infrastructure supports are put in place, like cheaper or free parking (afterall it takes 1/10 the space of a car) and other features it woul be so easy on the infrastructure and a lot cheaper for the users too.

Pelosi's best talent IMHO is to be available to get her pic taken to help people with target practice. Harry Reid as well.

Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 26, 2009, 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

That brings us back to climate change.... Laughing
If I got on my bike now I would totally freeze my ass.....the cage looks good now for some reason.... Laughing

Did anyone get to see the fire tornado on 2025 last night...... I want one.....
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 26, 2009, 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

For NC weather in winter especially for the shorter commutes - 25 miles 1 way or less, a joe rocket 2pc suit with the full on armor in it, helmet, gloves and maybe a set of hippo hands and yea a scarf for your neck (just found that yesterday, my neck was freezing till now) works fine for me.
No one is going to commute in winter unles sthey have done it for 1-2 years in better weather. It doesn't even matter if you're an experienced rider. To commute in winter, you should ahve commuted 1-2 summers prior. That is it.
Commuting isn't riding, it takes a different mind set. You dont get it just being a rider.
I used to run 85 miles 1 way last winter, ran it on my SV1000, my virago and my Maxim last year. A lot more gear is needed, including heated gloves and jacket. Maybe even pants, I never managed to wire the pants though, jacket and gloves were great.

The SV oddly is a much nicer winter commuter than people give a sport bike credit for. You're semi fetal position so you dont have that much wind to freeze you. It should have come better equipped for heated stuff, like grips and a bigger electrical system. I had to shut my jacket 5 miles out and keep the revs up or I'd not restart after work.
Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 26, 2009, 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

I want a full Polar Bear fur suit so I can ride to town and scare all the little brain washed children...............and maybe piss off some brain washed adults.......

New non brainwashed video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr5O1HsTVgA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6VBLlWmCI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZS2eIRkcR0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbTJ6mhCqk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XALmrq3ro

And here is your liberal president.....DUH....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimIjwWHZfM

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Monckton on Savage Nation

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4H3_eVLcBk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPsFjCKf9LU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w91V4TRmNng

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSK8RPMQpGQ
Photo Gallery
weekendrider
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Srinath wrote:
No one uses motorcycles to commute.
Srinath.

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Not in the US ... or atleast not in the numbers of people that actually own a motorcycle. So many bikes I see in people's garages ... have not moved in years. My 82 xs650 with 8K miles is proof.

Most bikes I buy average under 100 miles a year till I get them. Then they shoot up to 5K per year only cos I have 5-6 ... and I dont look for low miles, I buy cheap stuff ... that is my goal.

Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

What's next the kotex bomber...

Mam would you step over here please........ Laughing
Photo Gallery
despecial

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

he is just a patsy being used to make you feel good about losing even more freedoms

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

He was just a crazy educated in the finer schools of Europe.. Laughing

Just finnished my online job application for the airport tampax bomber prevention inspector position....it said good jobs skills required.......think I qualified since I've never missed one yet.......... Laughing Laughing
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Off the current topic but John yo ukeep bringing up NAFTA.
Now Nafta went through in the last 2 years of Clinton's administration.
If I recall at that time it was a republican controlled house and senate.
further yet, Nafta was designed to break the back of the unions and kill their strangle hold on the manufacturing industry. Very anti democratic agenda.
If I remember Clinton also was largely a lame duck without a veto when a bill is ratified with over 60% if I recall.

I have to do my research, but NAFTA was a republican creation with a labor president unable to veto it.

Somethings I have to check but I believe that is the story of nafta legislation.

Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

NAFTA....and here is your sky is falling the earth is burning up idiot friend.......don't bull sh#t me about nafta........I spent 1000 dollars on the phone from the kitchen table fighting that thing.....and when as@hole dole signed the tie in the senate I called him and told him I hoped his impotence was not getting better......and voted against his free trading wife......but got the bitch Hagan who is all over cap and trade...........so now she knows I plan to get 1000 people to vote against her and have emailed her until she won't respond..........liberal POS.........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZOXWNXOpjw
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

OK so you're saying NAFTA was not a republican Idea ? Or Dole signed it and broke the tie in favor and of course clinton was nailing fat chicks and too horny to care ... so I guess you're saying it was republican ... OK we need a xsjohn to english dictionary.

BTW ... Any time I see Beverly Perdue, I feel like kicking her in the teeth ... one more of those people with faces perfectly suited to be on urinal cakes so you will not miss.

Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

I'm saying Clinton signed it and Gore champoined and lied all about it like he does everything else....did you listen to that video..

Hagan

climate change kay hagen 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.62 KB
 Viewed:  555 Time(s)

climate change kay hagen 2.jpg

Photo Gallery
BSABarb

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Hi Guys,

Just a note in passing---for years I worked in Seattle. I live 60 miles north of the city (thank God!). I bought my 1977"D" specifically to commute to and from work, and did so year-round. I had my first sidecar for winter, and a huge fairing, and it was during that horrible 55mph national speed limit, so the bike wasn't thrashed.

It's true that most people revert to cars for the winter, because by the standards of the World (or of our own immediate ancestors) we are spoiled rotten and soft as melted butter. My uber-friend Sonny doesn't commute on his bike--he is retired. He rides for pleasure, and does so in 20-degree weather and wind in Tennessee.

It's sad that if Ford made a Model T now, they couldn't sell it. Poor heater, little weather protection---people wouldn't buy it even if a modern engine gave it 150mpg.

So blame the government if you want to, but the government we have is pretty much the one we deserve....we voted for those idiot demopublicans. For the record: I love my Country. It's government? Not so much. My bikes? Absolutely! Very Happy

Just stokin' the fire--it's cold in here...

Barb

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Barb it's freezing here in NC..I'm sick of it already and 3 or more months to go....gonna be 26 or so tonight........It must be totally frozen over there.......My sister in Minneapolis is covered in snow....global warming..... Laughing
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 30, 2009, 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Fireplace Fascism already starting in California and will be coming to your home soon “CAP and TRADE”…….Liberals will soon be after your fireplace as they try to shove Calif standards across all of Amerika……1400 page bill is in the Senate……..and both houses are loaded with liberals…better watch Lisa Jackson EPA endangerment ruling……also coming soon…..

Burn wood in the Bay Area, and your neighbors will rat you out and send inspectors to your door who will slap you with a fine. Even on Christmas Day. From the Contra Costa Times:

Bay Area air pollution inspectors found 47 violators burning wood fires illegally during Christmas Day's Spare the Air alert — which was declared because cold, unhealthful air had been forecast.

Violators get written warnings for a first offense and $400 fines for a second offense.

"We know a lot of people like to burn on this holiday, but it's our duty to protect public health," said Ralph Borrmann, the spokesman.
It demonstrates once again that there is no limit to how intrusive and destructive government can become in the name of protecting from real or imaginary public threats to safety and health.
…………………………………………………………………………..

Liberal global warming bill (when there is no global warming) the enemy is among us….

Seemingly unnoticed report from the American Petroleum Institute that oil and natural gas drilling activities in the U.S. fell nearly 46 percent in the second quarter from a year ago. A small portion of this change is attributable to a drop in the price of oil, but the elephant in the room is Obama-Waxman-Markey, the cap-and-trade, anti-global warming energy bill that recently passed the House and is now pending in the Senate. Energy companies know that legislation is aimed directly at them and are reducing drilling operations accordingly.
Photo Gallery
BSABarb

PostPosted: December 30, 2009, 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Hi John,

Well, as long as we are on California---as of January 1, 2010, in California if you wish to purchase ammuniton, including .22, you have to sign for it, and they check your name against their "list". Also, there is a limit of 250 rounds (I believe) per month. So if you have a couple of kids who like to plink at tin cans, you are totally out of luck.

I would be delighted if someone from California would tell me this is wrong information, but I got it from a friend who has a gun shop in Arizona, where they are doing quite well selling to Californians.....

Chip. Chip. One little step at a time.....it's The Brady Bunch, back for another tiny, not really noticed little chip away at the Constitution.

Happy New Year, America!! (And California...)

Barb

PostPosted: December 30, 2009, 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Barb….Well since we are on California standands and you are probably snowed in from all the Global Warming you might want to see what is next…..Boehner only describes the 300 page last minute amendment … god knows what is in the other 1000+ pages already voted throught the house and is in the senate full of liberals…… …..dear god.. this is beyond insanity………

www.youtube.com/watch?...playnext=1

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoM-Uu345s0

www.youtube.com/watch?...pEgwA&NR=1

www.youtube.com/watch?...zN_yI&NR=1

www.youtube.com/watch?...PA3_0&NR=1
Photo Gallery
gordonscott

PostPosted: December 30, 2009, 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Srinath wrote:
No one uses motorcycles to commute. They treat it like some expensive toy.

Cool.
Srinath.
I follow this thread but never comment on it. I live in new england and we are having one hell of a cold winter here Mad Yesterday we had a high of 16deg and last night -8deg! I wish this global warming thing would hurry up and get here in new england Laughing By the way I don't own a car anymore and will ride all winter long, yesterday was coldest for me yet at 16deg! Go to the "rounders.com" site and you will find plenty of people not treating there bikes as "expensive toys"

cimg5038.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.25 KB
 Viewed:  544 Time(s)

cimg5038.jpg

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51