650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Flattracker - Streettracker > > tracker on ebay

tracker on ebay
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 7, 2009, 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

A standard RGV 250 will do 130 mph! And get there real quick, yeah hp numbers are down because it's a 2 stroke.......More like 60-70 hp in real world terms. Yeah for sure less power would be the go. Just pointing out the silly rules we have.....

It will definately be a purchase based on looks above all else....

Back is fine, wrists cop all the pain on a cafe.....Nothing wrong with having standard type bars on a cafe, like the ebay unit. Cheers

650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

[quote="yamaman"][quote

Pumps; gotta be a 250cc I'm afraid. Stupid WA laws, you can have a RGV 250 on P plates, but not a XS 400 - 500 - 650 - 750, all with heaps less grunt than a RG![/quote]

Queensland have recently bought in a power to weight ratio for P plate so the XS650 is a legal first up bike...........
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

Yea and with power to weight being the criteria, I'll buy a 1985 gold wing as a beginner.
Y'know this may be why xsjohn hates regulations of anything.
Regulations sometimes are stupid.
Cool.
Srinath.
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

List of Queensland approved learner bikes, there's some pretty good bikes on the list! Previously only criteria was to be under 250cc:

www.transport.qld.gov....021209.pdf

BigD-FZ1

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

looks like some nice bikes in the list , how long do they have to ride under provisional license ?
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

What is an "RE" license? You can get on and ride anything here. Not necessarily a good idea....

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

I guess in Qld, it's a restricted licence of some sort.

All states are different in Aus. Age you can apply, learner period, probationary period, bike capacity etc etc.

I only know when I got my bike licence in 1985, I had to be on L (learner plates) for 3 months, then apply & get P (probationary plates) for 12 months. All this had to be done on a 250cc or less bike (I had a RD 250 LC Mr. Green ) After P period then ride any bike. It's way different now, not sure exactly, but similar to then anyway.

Basic WA laws:

www.dpi.wa.gov.au/lice..._explained

So in the States you need a specific bike licence yeah? Once you get one you can grab a R1 & head off!

I thought we had a lot of R1's/GSXR 1000's here in wrecking yards........I'll bet there's a few over there!

Last edited by yamaman on December 8, 2009, 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

Reminds me of one genius who said he has a friend who'll beat me on a 250. Turns out he has a RGV 250 ...
I said great, I'd like to talk to him and set up the race.
~4 months later I meet him ... this was when I had my 1000 eliminator.
I told him 250 vs my 1000, great, we run straight road from the NC/SC line to columbia and back, and even better gas stops are to be done only in 1 gas station where there will be a referee and your entry and exit times are noted and counted out ...
He was like ... no no no ... no way man ... well ... you wanna race me in the twisties dont you ... I said yea ... I said I am not stupid and you're just counting on the bike to run the race for you.
Cool.
Srinath.
BigD-FZ1

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

Yea yamaman , Just check out ebay and the net ... the parts salvage business is booming for crotch rockets
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

Here in Missouri you start with a learner license. You're supposed to get the regular endorsement on your license by taking the motorcycle test within...well here is a link with the info.

dor.mo.gov/mvdl/driver...ction4.pdf

I always thought it was funny you get your license from the state dept. of revenue...Let's see...do you think it is a way for the state to make money?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

pumps wrote:

I always thought it was funny you get your license from the state dept. of revenue...Let's see...do you think it is a way for the state to make money?

Man, you guys pay nothing for your licence!

dor.mo.gov/mvdl/driver...e.htm#fees

Our fees:

www.dpi.wa.gov.au/lice...s/1420.asp

Ok, while we're on the subject, it costs me $530 a year for registration for my Toyota $220 a year for my Yamaha....Now that (and speed cameras) is revenue raising!

Srinath

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

That is cos there is a good safety net for people who have disabilities etc.
For our taxes we get nothing as the wroking calss stiffs.
The CEO's take the lion's share via bail out's and various tax consessions, like their millions are considered capital gains and taxed at 15% instead of the 30-50% that straight income is, then the military and black ops takes the next chunk. And get this, most of the safety net is going to people who abuse the system. Perfectly normal people who could work, who are collecting welfare and do section 8 housing, and they come in for their qualification interview in 10,000 ricer like souped up cars and their wives sport $250 nail salon work (no joke, my wife used to work as a section 8 data entry op) and seriously there were people who had 3 kids and income of 750 a month, and that was about right to qualify them for section 8. Yea Ricer cars and 3-4-500 bucks of bling, nails, hair so on. They were making some serious $$$ under the table.

Cool.
Srinath.
dpmphoto

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

That ebay bike looks nothing like a street tracker to me??? am I missing something
BigD-FZ1

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: tracker on ebay

I suppose its all a matter of opinion and perception , I look at alot of bikes that people are calling trackers and I see a cafe racer ...... I have never been a fan of a cafe myself and I have never passed one on the road here in my area on the roads that I frequent . The point of the post was simply that I liked the bike and thought others may want to see it and it fit what I perceived as being in the tracker category . I quickly figured out that the definition isn't the same for many others & if you read the thread from start to finish some of the changes that different people proposed that were needed would have turned it into a cafe in my opinion . I liked the combination of the retro tank and seat in contrast with all the FZ add ons ....... But yea .. Thats what I seen it as

Forum Index -> Flattracker - Streettracker All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2