650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Hi from Jersey with my first xs650

Hi from Jersey with my first xs650
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
vinnyG

PostPosted: October 18, 2009, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Hi from Jersey with my first xs650

Just wanted to say hello. I purchased my first xs650 yesterday for $250. No title, definitely neglected but very good compression. The PO had cleaned the carbs and with a little starter fluid she fired right up for a couple seconds. Forgot to mention I had to hook a jumper box directly to the fuse on the ignition. When I hooked it up to the battery cables I didn't get any spark. I was just happy to hear it fire up!

My plan is to make this a bobber. It's going to be my first ground up build. I found a guy on craigslist out of Philly who has good reputation for custom frames. I am thinking about a 4" stretch 5" ride height and a high 30 degree rake. My plan is to use a DNA springer front end, 21"x2.5 spoked front wheel, 16"x3" spoked rear. That's as far as I have gotten so far. I am going to try to stick to under a $2k budget which seems like it may be impossible but that's what I'm telling my wife lol.

I have tons of questions and always looking for input. My first purchase was the clymer manual since I know nothing about these bikes and I mean nothing.

img_0172.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  755.6 KB
 Viewed:  310 Time(s)

img_0172.jpg

PostPosted: October 18, 2009, 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi from Jersey with my first xs650

Welcome aboard Vinny, sounds like you've got some plans!
I'd suggest you get the title straightened out before you sink another penny into it. Jersey motor vehicle sux and if I was a betting man I'd bet against ya on getting a title. Prove me wrong , please. I've got a bud in the Woodbury area with a situation like yours.

vinnyG

PostPosted: October 18, 2009, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi from Jersey with my first xs650

I hear ya about jersey. I have had success in past years using Broadway Title. Even in jersey. they have a website, broawaytitle.com, maybe your buddy will have some luck with them.

PostPosted: December 4, 2009, 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi from Jersey with my first xs650

So Welcome , Vinny....get that frame back? I saw that add on craigslist too. Was thinkin about calling the dude. Would like to know how you made out. I hate bein the first , ya know? Ha Ha ....got any pics ?? Kevin.

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1