650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Hello Newbie here

Hello Newbie here
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
EzinEzout

PostPosted: November 23, 2009, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Hello Newbie here

Hello all new to Yamaha's xs650's going to pick mine up this weekend...need advice on final price and how much bike is actual worth..He is asking $ 1600.00 for it. Here is pics. Any advice? Add goes like this.

1982 Yamaha, XS650. Rear end chopped, custom 2-1 headers with heat wrap, supertrapp exhaust, bar end mirrors, single spring mounted seat. Matte black. Runs good.

pix show bike.

I spoke with the Owner and He couldn't tell me how many miles on motor , but has original speedo of last time he took it off. Needs only rear tail light fixed, Easy fix.....I asume it's a wire issue or short issue and starter button doesn't work either but doesn't matter I prefer to kick start anyway but other than that he keeps the bike in his garage. 650cc motor is in great shape...he did all work on bike, says it leaks a little oil, and is using Synthetic oil, all carbs are cleaned out and road worthy all the way. Any Advice on what I should be looking for? Thanks.

650 rat bike.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.95 KB
 Viewed:  291 Time(s)

650 rat bike.jpg

gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: November 23, 2009, 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Newbie here

Welcome to the site, & that's a good price. As long as the engine/ trans are good. Do a compression test,& see what that reveals.
EzinEzout

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Newbie here

Thanks for advice just thankfull I am able to purchase bike....once i get into garage i will fix minor problems and get it ready for spring.
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Newbie here

Welcome. Price is so subjective . Depends are your local market I suppose. If you are happy with the price then it is right. These bikes have become very popular as of late and on here there are some smart fellows to help you if you need it. They've certainly helped me. I hope you learn and have as much fun as I have with mine. It's a process you know?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1