650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > gordonscott's homemade hardtail

gordonscott's homemade hardtail
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
gordonscott

PostPosted: August 15, 2009, 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

yamaman wrote:
Hey gordonscott, not sure if you've seen this thread! aly powdercoat, looks pretty cool! Might be worth thinking about! Cheers

650rider.com/index.php...p;start=72
Hey Yamaman, that is a nice bike that guy built himself Wink I 've seen the powdercoat aluminum and comes in different finishes as well but you cant add the imperfections that make it look like real aluminum. Nate knows what I'm talking about, use a brush to give it that brushed aluminum look. I now remember seeing it on Jay Leno's Superior replica the the Paul's made and that Justin guy painted, looked real. Here is the real bike too...

0408hb_02z+orange_county_choppers_custom+full_right_side_view.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.08 KB
 Viewed:  396 Time(s)

0408hb_02z+orange_county_choppers_custom+full_right_side_view.jpg

broughsuperior_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.18 KB
 Viewed:  366 Time(s)

broughsuperior_01.jpg

gordonscott

PostPosted: August 15, 2009, 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

sure wrote:
Yeah I have done so faux ALU a couple of time...
I see you have my arch nemisis' bike up there..lol Gard Hollinger...
If you’re going to have an arch nemesis you picked a worthy adversary that’s for sure! Laughing Laughing Laughing p.s. Gard Hollinger aka LA County Choprods Wink

baclay9

PostPosted: August 19, 2009, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

Thanks man!

PostPosted: August 21, 2009, 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

that build is killer and that headlight is OUTSTANDING. really nice clean work!
Photo Gallery
QuarterHorse

PostPosted: August 25, 2009, 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

Bitchin'! I'm jealous of the tools. Very Happy

PostPosted: August 27, 2009, 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

QuarterHorse wrote:
Bitchin'! I'm jealous of the tools. Very Happy
the tools are one thing but then I had to learn how to use them Laughing this is a hobby so I had to figure out a way to pay for it so I convinced my wife (read "begged") to let me charge a bender and I traded an old truck for the welder and that was the start. I told her I'll make make some exhaust to pay for it, and I did Very Happy needed more tools, made more pipes. Now all I need is a garage Rolling Eyes

cimg4782.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  237.66 KB
 Viewed:  451 Time(s)

cimg4782.jpg

cimg4546.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.86 KB
 Viewed:  430 Time(s)

cimg4546.jpg

pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: August 27, 2009, 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

Oh dang Gordon, how're you getting up and down that ramp?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
gordonscott

PostPosted: August 28, 2009, 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

pumps wrote:
Oh dang Gordon, how're you getting up and down that ramp?
With reckless abandonment and little sense of self-preservation Laughing Laughing Laughing

eveljump.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.41 KB
 Viewed:  371 Time(s)

eveljump.jpg

tukn20s

PostPosted: August 28, 2009, 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

What kind of bender is that? Do you use it for exhaust?
gordonscott

PostPosted: August 28, 2009, 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

tukn20s wrote:
What kind of bender is that? Do you use it for exhaust?
It's a pro tools 105 heavy duty bender. I do use it for exhaust and is an excellent bender of hi quality but VERY SLOW. You will waste some tube doing pipes because it can ripple the tube if not carefull (.065wall). Trick is to have the seam at 12:00 or 6:00 oclock when in the dye set, less chance of ripple and nice smooth bends Wink

danxs650mass

PostPosted: November 3, 2009, 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

hi great work im still dreaming about some day gettn a set of your pipes for my bike but i saw a killer fork brace on a bike and they said you made it are you makin and selling fork braces too i would love to put one of those on my wish list too thanks
gordonscott

PostPosted: November 3, 2009, 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

danxs650mass wrote:
hi great work im still dreaming about some day gettn a set of your pipes for my bike but i saw a killer fork brace on a bike and they said you made it are you makin and selling fork braces too i would love to put one of those on my wish list too thanks
Hi Dan, yes I could make you one. The only thing is you would have to come up with a way to mount fender or run without like I do. Roy Fisk has his fender mounted up under the bottom tree and looks killer! The reason for this is for the brace to realy work well it has to be thick steel and hug close to tire for max strength.

cimg4317.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  234.97 KB
 Viewed:  385 Time(s)

cimg4317.jpg

benztech

PostPosted: November 5, 2009, 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: gordonscott's homemade hardtail

i got one of his fork braces... super quality job.

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3