650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Uploading images in your posts. FAQ
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 18, 2005, 12:35 am    Post subject: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

If you need help uploading images in your posts click here. If you still have questions post it here and we can help with your setup.

dsc00066.jpg
 Description:
Day trip on the Blue Ridge NC
 Filesize:  339.8 KB
 Viewed:  446 Time(s)

dsc00066.jpg

Photo Gallery
Wulf

PostPosted: March 18, 2005, 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Russo, ya killin' me with the pics of you and the mountains. Think I'm gettin' homesick for Asheville. I gotta get up there this summer and maybe we can get some miles in, if you're up to it.
Wulf

650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 18, 2005, 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Always up for a ride. I'm gona post some killer photos soon. When are you comming in to town? I want to make sure I'm tuned up before you get here.
Photo Gallery
smitty

PostPosted: February 5, 2007, 12:51 pm    Post subject: New / Old 650'er

So I'm a new / old guy. In 1987, I bought a '77 xs (my first ride, 18 year old at the time) and sold it after a few years to a buddy. It sat in his brothers garage until last spring where I commandeered it (with permission). Since my buddy lives in Japan, he wasn't into it and it needed to be moved. I hauled it back to MT where it's now stripped down. It'll be my first complete rebuild / restore and I came here for advice / ideas. I'm thinking a bobber cause I like simple. Since I'm 240 I figured it would be easier having the bike lose weight than me. So far, I'm thinking about a kicker, rigid, and just barely street legal. I'd love some feedback.

Great site! Thanks,

smitty
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: February 5, 2007, 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Sounds like your on the way to the build you want to ride. Post a phots and lets see the bay boy
Photo Gallery
smitty

PostPosted: February 7, 2007, 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

It aint much to look at yet. With my limited experience I'm still pondering weather I should go with the frame mods for a rigid, or go with the swing arm and cut off the tail just to bob it out a bit. I've got a long way to go but I love the bobbers I've seen on the site. Still time to decide though. HHHMMM maybe a cafe..... Question Confused

stripped2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.35 KB
 Viewed:  391 Time(s)

stripped2.gif

stripped.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.91 KB
 Viewed:  385 Time(s)

stripped.gif

REXS650

PostPosted: August 6, 2007, 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

You're fortunate that you're still young enough to consider a hardtail chopper as a reasonable ride and a 650 will go well either way. Having had both (HD's back in the day), I'd guess I'd have to say that the chopper's cooler but you can count on more better longer rides on the bobber. At 240, the butt and back will likely limit how far and how long on a hardtail to fairly brief runs (if you're like most ......me included).

As the miles and years roll by those shocks start looking way good!

Either way you'll love rolling your own! Best, Blue

PostPosted: August 14, 2007, 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Just curious what does RUSSO stand for.
Raveonjames

PostPosted: August 30, 2008, 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Hey all !!
Thanks for the shout out RUSSO!
I have a 1980 650 Special and I.m leaking oil out of the right muffler.!!! The plug is clean and dry. Can anyone advise me of the issue I have before me?

Thank you so much !!

Rvj
killtrip

PostPosted: August 30, 2008, 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

I'm having the same problem with my left muffler on my 81.. people have suggested either a bent valve or a bad ring..

so I'm trying to tear it apart to find out.

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: July 31, 2009, 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Besides uploading a picture to here which has to be small you can get a free account at photobucket.com and upload them there so they host them. When you want to show one in your post topic, post the image code which will look a little like this, I have altered this a teeny bit so the code will show instead of the picture first.
[IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/pumps32/XS650/viewright.jpg[/IMG (removed the last bracket)but if you put in the correct code it will show a big picture like this. Anyone that needs help PM me and I will try to help too.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
Vinny21

PostPosted: October 8, 2009, 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

How's it hangin fellas?! To follow Smitty I'm a new/young guy and this will be my first tear down rebuild on a 78 650 I bought last week for $250. I owned a Shadow ACE before and fell in love with the old School style. Definitely going bobber and want Apes. So I'll be asking a lot of questions. FNG's Right? Thanks
Vinny21

PostPosted: October 8, 2009, 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Here we go
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 8, 2009, 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Vinny, FANUGY'S.
Vinny21

PostPosted: October 9, 2009, 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

I'm lost on the FANUGY Happy Anniversary though Gordo
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 9, 2009, 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Uploading images in your posts. FAQ

Thanx Vinny. The bike look's like a solid project, & most of that rust will come off with some good ol' elbow grease. All the new guy's hired at work are called fanugy's,,stand's for Fu++ing new guy. All pun intended, I, personaly like to welcome all the new guy's, These bike's are a sort of a really nice, nostalgic way of saying 'up your's' to the high cost of new bike's with an equally good ride, & I get allot of comment's on mine. And she ain't no beauty queen yet.She run's good, is dependable, and a breeze through the city traffic. Mine wasn't in much better shape than your's is by the picture you posted.Took a little time( about a month) to get 'er running,and been just maintenance since.

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1