650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Parts Needed > > Performance Parts > > mikes performance parts

mikes performance parts
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> Performance Parts
pamcopete
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 11, 2009, 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

xsjohn

PAMCO.....

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

After rebuilding another early 70's model yamaha and having a heck of a time finding parts, I think what mikesxs offers is outstanding! The prices are very competative and look great and again just having a site like mikes is a real advantage and to me just confirms that I made the correct decision on fixing up an XS!
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

lol Smile
gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
Mikesxs

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

1961: Muffler internals were made for Mikes XS from patterns Dyno developed by Heiden Tuning. We have ongoing development projects on many exhaust items as we do not want to sell exhaust that do not work properly on the xs650.
Similar looking mufflers sold by Dennis Kirk, Emgo etc. come with baffels that were used on small Asian bikes and the makers have kept on with these as they simply do not know any better. All items will be available here soon and in quantity from our Distributors in Canada, Japan, Netherlands and Germany. We have a small quantity now and the bulk are on the ocean.

Mike @ Mikes XS
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

Excellent, good to hear what goes into the development Mike..I know what you mean about cheapos with their 'universal' baffles - a waste of money..Im waiting for the Pound/Euro exchange rate to turn in our favour before I can start spending again at Heidens Crying or Very sad
Photo Gallery
2-Skinny

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

FWIW: Why do people still think "Made in America" is better...? What is this 1955....?
HndaTch627

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

2-Skinny wrote:
FWIW: Why do people still think "Made in America" is better...? What is this 1955....?
While i don't generally agree anything made oversees is probably made in China these days and usually of crappy or questionable quality. When it comes to one off low production parts i'd rather know the guy that built it then take the word of someone retailing them from China.

Make no mistake this country has some of the best and most talented craftsman the problem is that it drives the prices of the products up because we actually care about the quality of our work.
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

..Just in case anyone misconstrued my previous 'LOL' comment - that was in reply to Johns 'is there any UK or US firms?'!left) Not to the two replies that somehow squeezed their way in while I was typing my response..if you understand..
..Hate to cause offence ! ..

Last edited by xs1961 on March 14, 2009, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
HndaTch627

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

xs1961 wrote:
..Just in case anyone miscostrued my previous 'LOL' comment - that was in reply to Johns 'is there any UK or US firms?'!left) Not to the two replies that somehow squeezed their way in while I was typing my response..if you understand..
..Hate to cause offence ! ..
i knew what ya meant
Mikesxs

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

There is No such thing as "retailed from China"
Contrary to what is spread around the Asians built only what they were asked for ( By the outside market ! ) and until recent years they only made domestic market goods on their own.
We buy only a handfull of items from China (most from Taiwan and Japan ) but I got to tell you they are the ones now with all of the factories full of top German and Japanese equipment and if you want cheap stuff they can make it but if you want to pay a bit more they can, and Are making Aerospace grade quality products ( often these same goods are then sent to Japan and stamped “Made in Japan” ).
Even “Made in America” Harley Davidson sources more than half of their components from Asia ( Suspension, Carbs, Electrics, engine parts, etc., etc. ) and the likes of Arlen Ness has his huge HD custom parts line made in the same factory complex in Taiwan that makes some of our XS parts.

If it wasn't for Asia there would be almost no 650 parts, they are the only ones willing to do it ! If it was possible to do it here somebody would be doing it.
Mike @ Mikes XS
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

Agreed, youd be amazed at how many UK 'household' brands/components are farmed out under licence to China/asia simply due to the low labour costs with no effect on the quality as they are manufactured to exact patterns & spec designed/developed here..In fact the work ethic/attitude over there is higher , they are glad to be at work & dont see employment as a god-given right..So Ive been led to believe..
Photo Gallery
JeffM

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

Triumph's new Bonnevilles are made in Thailand...
xsleo

PostPosted: March 14, 2009, 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

"made in America" I think that that we American's can build the best that can be built. The only problem is that so can the Asian market. The Americans think there skills are worth more then the Asians do. Not better just cost more.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: March 14, 2009, 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

Quote::

hahahaha. Truth.
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 14, 2009, 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: mikes performance parts

...mmm..Triumphs 'new' Bonneville.. Overweight & overated .. Twisted Evil
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Performance Parts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2