650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > What website are we going to if this closes down.

What website are we going to if this closes down.
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Srinath

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 11:14 am    Post subject: What website are we going to if this closes down.

I see a lot of familiar names on the xs650temp site.
So I guess that is an obvious choice. Other than that is there some other place we could go to.

Thanks to everyone I'll see if I can get myself a barebones domain if there is such a thing.

Cool.
Srinath.
xsleo

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

XS-650garageusa.com is a pretty good site. Some of the people from here are there.
The XS650forum.proboards18.com is a smaller site, a good bunch of folks.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
pamcopete
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

Well, perhaps we could collectively make an effort to keep this site up.

Last edited by pamcopete on December 28, 2009, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
pamcopete
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

Deleted

Last edited by pamcopete on December 28, 2009, 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
xsleo

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

I will stay here as long as it's here. I have been going to the garage and the forum as well, lots of good people at those places as well as hear.
If I had the knowledge and money I would buy this site. But alas I'm to poor and stupid for such an undertaking.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

A while back there was a way to set up regular donations to this site. I have been making donations this way ever since. A donation doesn't have to be much. With over 4700 members, $40 bucks a month isn't much for each of us .0085 cents apiece. make it an even penny.
I know most of the members just joined to fix their bikes and have not spent more time on board. Most of the regulars like to help the others with their bikes. I got lots of help on mine, and helping others is my way to repay the site. I also figured my donation of a few bucks a month will help too.
If the people that think this place is worth a few bucks a month would chip in some the place will stay here.
If the site closes, which I hope it doesn't, I will have to hope that most of the good people here can migrate to one of the sites I mentioned. If not then I hope they tell us where they go. That way we could find them. I would not want to lose their help.

Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

I will probably end up in a fema camp... Laughing

But I would be willing to send along a few buck if I knew Russo's address.......site staying open or not.........

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

K great.
Cool.
Srinath.
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

Pete asks the relevant question at this point.....as far as I'm concerned.

pamcopete wrote:
Well, perhaps we could collectively make an effort to keep this site up.

I would likely join a meaningful effort to form and fund a serious new ownership /operating team. Even though I know that I lack the expertise to operate the site in any meaningful way......Anyone else? Ideas?

Last edited by bluebikerblan on December 29, 2009, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
BSABarb

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

Hi Guys,

When checking in, I noticed the little (very hard to read) notice that the site is safe and not going to close down.

Great news, and I'm wondering if or when we will get details. It certainly makes one appreciate the work someone else is doing when it may be withdrawn, doesn't it?'

As with others, if I had money and mainly any sort of real computer knowledge, I'd love to dive in, but I regularly forget how to cut and paste...I know my limits!

So, yeah. Apparently we are OK, but let's not take things for granted, right? Wink

Barb

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

Question, is Russo still doing the work,& if not, who is?
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

Earlier note was if not sold in 2 weeks he would pull the plug........

New note now reads

The site has been saved ! No worries it's NOT going down !

Guess it's back to good

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 29, 2009, 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

I am donating a small amount through a Paypal subscription and have been for a while. I would be interested in finding out some details on what saved our bacon... Russo what's happening?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
Travis-Mc

PostPosted: December 29, 2009, 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

There's also www.xs650.com

I don't think this site is going anywhere. There's too much valuable information for it to just get shut down.
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 29, 2009, 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What website are we going to if this closes down.

Yea, I like that site, no drama. Neckked wimmin' too.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1