650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > If its not one thing.......its two!

If its not one thing.......its two!
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
1979FXE

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 8:40 pm    Post subject: If its not one thing.......its two!

Ok , daydreaming all weekend about ordering my weld on rigid tail this week. Go out today and come in about 6 pm.....go to wash my hands , NO WATER! Crap , the cats have turned the switch off again. They did it before.....no s***. Ok , I go to the basement and the pump is running and running. Can see the shaft turning....this cant be good. Call my plunber friend , John. Sounds like you need a pump....he says. Well there goes my bonus money next week. Most going for Christmas and now the rest for a new pump. Dammit...oh well, at least I am working and can pay for it...the chop job will have to wait til the money is right. Thats all I wanted for XSmas...that dang hardtail.... Sad . Im done cryin now.....I realise we are better off than most...these little things make us thankful for what we do have.....

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: If its not one thing.......its two!

Do a soft tail.

edit to add
aybe the pump just lost it's prime? They're pretty simple.

blackwidow

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: If its not one thing.......its two!

I find myself complaining about things that don't matter and I have to stand back and think of all I have to be greatful for so no problem you complaining it's all good

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: If its not one thing.......its two!

Yeah , just blowin off some steam......John will be here in the morning and set it right one way or de udder. Hope all had a good weekend ...soon time to start another week in the mines. Thanks to all....

PostPosted: December 14, 2009, 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: If its not one thing.......its two!

Well the pump is shot...like I thought....new one wont prime...havin a well guy here in the am...looks like the well caved or lost water level. had to be right now ...HUH? My good neighbor hooked me up to his outside faucet....there are good people in the world. Glad to have a neighbor like him. The folks on this site have been good too...thanks all!

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: If its not one thing.......its two!

So the new pump went south...dont buy Myers jet pumps , they are crap. got a Gould this time.....works great , easy to prime , and plenty of pressure. Shoulda went with Gould three years ago....we have water...WoooHooo......no money to spend on the build , but I can take a shower.

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: If its not one thing.......its two!

1979FXE wrote:
Ok , daydreaming all weekend about ordering my weld on rigid tail this week. Go out today and come in about 6 pm.....go to wash my hands , NO WATER! Crap , the cats have turned the switch off again. They did it before.....no s***. Ok , I go to the basement and the pump is running and running. Can see the shaft turning....this cant be good. Call my plunber friend , John. Sounds like you need a pump....he says. Well there goes my bonus money next week. Most going for Christmas and now the rest for a new pump. Dammit...oh well, at least I am working and can pay for it...the chop job will have to wait til the money is right. Thats all I wanted for XSmas...that dang hardtail.... Sad . Im done cryin now.....I realise we are better off than most...these little things make us thankful for what we do have.....

Weld in hard tail, yawn, so freaking over done. Every one and his brother has one of those ...
Literally, 2 of the 3 xs's for sale in my area in craigslist were weld in hard tails that they are referring to as a "chopper"
Yea peanut sportster tank - check.
Battery tray stuffed at the bottom rail of the weld in hard tail - check.
No guages - check.
Custom paint - check.
Springy seat - check ...
Sorry man, seeing 1 out of a 100 is cool, but on the XS's its pushing 50%.
Like I said, everyone and his brother.

winstonsalem.craigslis...74798.html
Then this -
charlotte.craigslist.o...50679.html
Then this -
winstonsalem.craigslis...19810.html

There was one more but dont see it now.
Do flat track or cafe and you're only in the 25% category.
Cool.
Srinath.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1