650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > guys running harley rear wheel

guys running harley rear wheel
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
wagonwhatmp5

PostPosted: September 19, 2009, 10:04 pm    Post subject: guys running harley rear wheel

ok im running a 88-99 sotail rear wheel on my hrdtailed bober.Heres my question the rim i got was a 16" by 4.5" wide wheel and what i wanna know is the tire size i can run on the rim with out hitting the chain and al that bs
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: September 20, 2009, 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: guys running harley rear wheel

I believe a 140 is as wide as you can go.
Photo Gallery
Joseph

PostPosted: September 20, 2009, 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: guys running harley rear wheel

You may have to have the chain adjusters maxed out to get a 140 in there, anyone out there running a 140 on stock swing arm? Im interested to know also.
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: September 20, 2009, 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: guys running harley rear wheel

I have a MU90-16 which is a 140/90-16.
I had to run the tire back, and use an angle grinder on the edges to get it to not rub on the swing arm, cut out the chain guard, bend the brake strut.
Not worth it on a stock bike. Except it was a freebie.
On a hard tail that can run a wide tire use what ever you want, there are people that sell an offset front sprocket to run wider tires. Some fit inside the left side cover, some need the cover spaced out.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1