650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > hello from illinois.

hello from illinois.
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
jeepurz

PostPosted: August 18, 2009, 12:37 pm    Post subject: hello from illinois.

welp, Im sure I know some of you cats from other boards, I use jeepurz bout everywhere.
Been on xs's since late 03, been riding since the early 70's, Ive got two riders and one project for this winter.
Bikes seem to be the only thing my old brain remembers.
That said heres a photo, me (with optional google to hide my face) and the kids.
Photo Gallery
pamcopete
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 18, 2009, 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

jeepurz,

Welcome aboard!

pamcopete

PostPosted: August 18, 2009, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

pamcopete wrote:
jeepurz,

Welcome aboard!

pamcopete

hey pete, seen you and couple cats from the vj board here too. Im still gonna be hittin ya up for a kit for yeller, just need to sell some stuff . to many projects not enough $ .
Photo Gallery
oldbikenut

PostPosted: August 20, 2009, 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

Welcome! You sure have some nice looking bikes!

PostPosted: August 20, 2009, 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

Are those some scrambler type pipes on the silver one?
jeepurz

PostPosted: August 21, 2009, 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

thanks for the kudo's, pipes are omars, they originallly came on the yellow bike when i bought it, I thought they looked better on the dropseat bike.
The silver bike has petes IG and a sparx unit on it, I love it. When I get the $ the yellow bike will get swapped .
Photo Gallery
jerseyjew

PostPosted: September 12, 2009, 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

Welcome and nice builds! I would love to see some more pics of the silver bike. I am trying to go for a similar look. Did you modify the rear suspension mount locations or just a plain jane chop in the rear with a custom seat?
- JJ
jeepurz

PostPosted: September 12, 2009, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

seat rail was dropped 2-2 1/2 inch and sectioned, joe wiseguy fixed me up with a streached swingarm, 3-4 over goin by memory, sheet metal pan, with a cowell off a scrapped out husqvarna seat, xs 11 air shocks,honda xl 175 tank, headlights an old speedometer and taillights an old turn sig, rake was left alone, went to coker tires for the firestones, 650 central for the carbs & sparx unit, blacksmillbilly drill my case for the oil cooler, and pamco's ig. its a 76 but I went to 35mm tree n forks. groovesdown stitched the seat. All those guys did the real work.
Thankyou for the comments,

Photo Gallery
jerseyjew

PostPosted: September 14, 2009, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from illinois.

Thank you Sir! Yeah I definitely love the build. I am looking forward to ripping my 78 apart this winter and finishing what I started over a year ago. I will make an attempt at posting a build thread.
- JJ

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1