650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > Amen Saviour frame

Amen Saviour frame
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
zimme71

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 6:37 am    Post subject: Amen Saviour frame

I was talking to my BIL, and he was telling me that he believed some company has apparently purchased the rights to the Amen Saviour frame, and has begun fabricating and selling a rear end you can weld on (he thought) for the XS650 (perhaps universal?) . Has anyone seen this? I've looked online, Googled for it, but haven't found anything at all. Any input is appreciated....
killer

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Amen Saviour frame

Here's one guy that's making a plunger rear suspension.
PrairieTech Innovations Inc
Naturally these are made for HD, but if you are creative enough, there's no reason you couldn't put an XS engine in... or have him make you one up specifically for an XS.

No, I haven't seen one specifically for an XS weld-on application. Maybe widen the search for simply "plunger frame"? My cursory search didn't yield any results either...

I have an old plunger frame bike. It can get squirrelly in the corners. I always thought they Looked cool, nice concept but questionable in practice.

1979 XS650 2F0
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Amen Saviour frame

killer wrote:
I have an old plunger frame bike. It can get squirrelly in the corners. I always thought they Looked cool, nice concept but questionable in practice.
there is a reason the guys back in the day that had rigid frames switched to the plunger frames when they came out and to the swingarm frame when it improved the ride and handling of the plunger, if you want to see suspension improvement in action just look how dirt/motocross bikes have evolved over the last couple of decades

blackxs

PostPosted: August 10, 2009, 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Amen Saviour frame

amen back in the day ddid in fact make the saviour plunger frames for the xs650 yams - i have one in front of me now.

of course i hate the plunger frames so am cutting the plunger section off and welding in axle plates instead- rigid.
Audy

PostPosted: August 11, 2009, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Amen Saviour frame

i have an amen plunger frame on my xs650 if you want somthing pple will look t its ok but handling sorta goes out the window at highway speeds im wishing i didnt put it on lol live and learn . im cutting mine off and going with an extended swingarm my back cant handle the rigid any more. im going to sell what i cut off if anyone is interested
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 11, 2009, 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Amen Saviour frame

Plungers arent ideal .. I used to own old Brit plungers , I remember we had to run the chain real slack to compensate for the vertical movement of the rear axle ..Realy made the bikes vibrate on a level road with all that slack..
gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
killer

PostPosted: August 12, 2009, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Amen Saviour frame

Mine doesn't have the chain problem, its shaft drive. Its still got the wibbly wobblies in the turns (that's a technical term)

1979 XS650 2F0
ckunsman89

PostPosted: August 12, 2009, 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Amen Saviour frame

haven't heard about amen frames lately, but if you pick up an issue of The Horse: Backstreet Choppers, there are plenty of ads for companies currently offering weld on hartail kits and full ridid frames for xs 650's. You have to watch though, I recently purchased a frame that already had the weld on kit, but have found that the seat section is too wide for my preference. maybe ask for specific measurements or see in person before ordering.

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1