650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Frank-in-Bike, Non XS parts that are Interchangeable > > Wheels, Brakes and Controls > > (Opinion)....Best, most cost-effective forward controls

(Opinion)....Best, most cost-effective forward controls
    Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls
zimme71

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 5:28 pm    Post subject: (Opinion)....Best, most cost-effective forward controls

I've currently got an 81 XS650 that I'd like to put forward controls on. I've seen the TC Bros controls, and am looking for something that'll bolt on as compared to having to weld it on. Any recommendations? I'd also like to not drop a fortune if possible....
west24

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: (Opinion)....Best, most cost-effective forward controls

I'm in the same boat as you. I know about all the mass produced stuff, but its way out of my price range. I also cant fabricate either. Looking forward to see some simple homemade ones if possible.
georelle

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: (Opinion)....Best, most cost-effective forward controls

I fabricated my own forwards. It takes a little work but it is not too bad. I have a post on here that tells how I did it. I'll admit it is not the best description. I should rewrite it and make some actual paragraphs but most of the info is there. Search for "fabricated forwards" There are some pictures in the thread and there are some more pictures in my gallery, see link below. Let me know if you have questions.
Georelle

'02 Suzuki VZ800
'78 Honda CM185T
Photo Gallery
west24

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: (Opinion)....Best, most cost-effective forward controls

Those are sharp looking, looking through ebay found this item...

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...240%3A1318

Possible to maybe fit it to an xs?? I would like to try to make my own but I have a very limited amount of tools.
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: (Opinion)....Best, most cost-effective forward controls

west24 -- I think those e-bay controls look cheap and flimsy, and I think they probably look cheap and flimsy because they are. I mean it's your bike and you can do what you want, obviously, but I'd shop around for better work. Hanging around these boards for more than a year now, I KNOW there's some real nice stuff available. I'd expect to pay $150+ for something decent. Shop around. You'll be glad you did.

Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1