650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > what is the fine for not registering in washington?

what is the fine for not registering in washington?
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
WillP

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 4:22 pm    Post subject: what is the fine for not registering in washington?

I did not register in 2008 as I was working on my 71xs650. anyone know what is the fine and do we ever reach a age, like in Italy, where "classic" cars and ikes do not have to register?
Barbara

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: what is the fine for not registering in washington?

You mean Washington State, right? As far as I know, you just register the bike, and there's no fine, unless they've changed it again....... Rolling Eyes

There are "Antique" plates available, I believe for bikes/cars over 30 years old.

Best way to know exactly is to call or e-mail the DOL. Every time the legislature needs more revenue, the regulations seem to change.....

But the weather is so nice, it's worth it.... Laughing

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
sschering

PostPosted: April 27, 2009, 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: what is the fine for not registering in washington?

No fine for not registering for a year or two..

Now if you are talking about transferring title.. that's a different story.. Something like a $100 fine for not transferring within 15-30 days of the sale.

You have 3 options for Collector Vehicle plates in WA..
They all require a current registeration and a $35 adtional fee..
This is a one time fee.. You NEVER pay pay a fee or registration again..

These are restricted use plates.. Intended for Cruses, Rides, Trips to shows and so on.. Not as a Daily driver..
I had one on my 70 Firebird.. I'd take it to work about once a month and never was bothered about it.

Collector Plate for 30 year or older
www.dol.wa.gov/vehicle...ector.html

Horseless Carriage plate for 40 year or older
www.dol.wa.gov/vehicle...eless.html

Restored Vehicle for 30 year or older
This one allows you to register an original WA state plate.
I'm not sure of the details on how that works.
www.dol.wa.gov/vehicle...tored.html

William's Law ...
WillP

PostPosted: April 28, 2009, 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: what is the fine for not registering in washington?

thank you Barbara and sschering. I appreciate it.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1