650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > The Black Widow my first bike build

The Black Widow my first bike build
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
blackwidow

PostPosted: November 22, 2009, 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Time to clean up that motor and give it a paint job.

PostPosted: November 23, 2009, 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

nice use of the engine stand good idea
blackwidow

PostPosted: November 23, 2009, 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

danxs650mass wrote:
nice use of the engine stand good idea
yeah not too bad just some pipe for spacers and some all thread and now I can clean it at waist level and clean the bottom part.

PostPosted: November 24, 2009, 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I got my rear fender redone and painted and now I got all the body work done on my tank I just need to paint it. I'll have it done by tonight.

PostPosted: November 27, 2009, 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Props man. I follow this with every post, from the beginning to the acident, to now. I love this bike

Black paint, DOESN'T make it BAD ASS!!!

It is NOT a Chopper, Unless you CUT something!!!
dpmphoto

PostPosted: November 27, 2009, 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Accidents like that happen for a reason,something good will come from the bad wait and see when your finished with the rebirth
Srinath

PostPosted: November 27, 2009, 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

mmasac wrote:
Props man. I follow this with every post, from the beginning to the acident, to now. I love this bike

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black paint, DOESN'T make it BAD ASS!!!

It is NOT a Chopper, Unless you CUT something

Hey man ... chopper is when you cut the neck.
Cool.
Srinath.
blackwidow

PostPosted: November 27, 2009, 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Hey thanks alot fellas I really appreciate it and I'm hoping to build it a little cleaner and more dependable so I can get out there and ride hard. Here is some more progress.

PostPosted: November 28, 2009, 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

hey lookn good can i ask about your rear fender did you make that or whats it off of i know you are running a 16 inch rear wheel but i was wonderin about the rear fender thanks
blackwidow

PostPosted: November 29, 2009, 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

danxs650mass wrote:
hey lookn good can i ask about your rear fender did you make that or whats it off of i know you are running a 16 inch rear wheel but i was wonderin about the rear fender thanks
Some guy was making them on ebay thats where I got it from. I had to make tabs and all that to mount it so it's not off of any other bike.I hope that helps

PostPosted: November 29, 2009, 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Here is a pic of my motor all black with chrome accents

PostPosted: November 29, 2009, 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

holy crap i never thought of using my engine stand ! great idea ! Very Happy
Photo Gallery
Rick_in_PDX

PostPosted: November 29, 2009, 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

what kind of paint did you use?..........
Some people will say that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this,,,,, Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube,That is why God made fast motorcycles—Hunter S
danxs650mass

PostPosted: November 29, 2009, 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

looks good every ones gona want to know what kind of paint you used on the frame and engine
blackwidow

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

on the frame I just used rostoleum satin black and on the motor just regular ol hi temp engine paint

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I'm trying to set that motor in now and it's a little tricky I'll finish it up tomorrow and if I hav enough time I'll push it outside and take pics and post em up.

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

just dropped the motor back in

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Tell you what, mate... you've got skills. You make everything look so easy, and as if nothing ever happened!

TC
Photo Gallery
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Nice job on cleaning up that engine.Starting to look like a bike again!
blackwidow

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

thanks again guys I really appreciate the support and positive feedback on this site I love it.

PostPosted: December 1, 2009, 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

hi i was wondering seeing how you already had this bike togather and have ridin it on the side cover where the chain comes out and the cover says made in japan i was thinking of cuting this part of the cover off would there any disavanage of doing this when it comes to riding the bike i just think it would make that side look alot cleaner with this trimmed off it seems like a easy cut but im not sure if it would make a dff
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 1, 2009, 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

danxs650mass wrote:
hi i was wondering seeing how you already had this bike togather and have ridin it on the side cover where the chain comes out and the cover says made in japan i was thinking of cuting this part of the cover off would there any disavanage of doing this when it comes to riding the bike i just think it would make that side look alot cleaner with this trimmed off it seems like a easy cut but im not sure if it would make a dff
I've seen bikes with this piece cut off I don't think it'll hurt anything or change anything that has to do with riding. The one thing I do see if you cut it off and round it and then you cut the top part that fills in that gap by the motor there will be a gap there if you don't mind that I can take pics and show you what I mean if you want..

PostPosted: December 1, 2009, 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I seen this at walmart and had to buy it, it's not an xs but it looks like my bike.

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Here is a liscense plate bracket I fabricated out of an old electrical box door

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7