650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > The Black Widow my first bike build

The Black Widow my first bike build
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
blackwidow

PostPosted: April 11, 2009, 7:24 pm    Post subject: The Black Widow my first bike build

Here is my first bike build I wanted to go with an oldschool theme so I kind of shyed away from alot of chrome and went with flat paint as well. I have a hardtail kit on it from tcbros.. It's a 3" stretch I believe. I fabricated the liscense plate bracket,batterybox,fake oil tank/wire tube. I did all the work myself even the paint hell I even put the tires on the wheels. I hope you guys like it. Well this is what it started out as someone try to make a flat track racer or whatever you call it.

So I tore it apart and started cutting it in half

PostPosted: April 11, 2009, 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

PostPosted: April 12, 2009, 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I like your bike you did a good job love the color on the pipes what made you go with that bright of color after everything else is black, not questioning just curious because I love the color choice.
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: April 12, 2009, 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

idahoscreamer wrote:
I like your bike you did a good job love the color on the pipes what made you go with that bright of color after everything else is black, not questioning just curious because I love the color choice.

I wanted it to be not flashy but have some pop you know. I did it like them old hotrods that are flatblack with the red wheels thats where my idea came from

PostPosted: April 13, 2009, 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Very nice job. Gotta love TC Bros, huh??? That hard tail is so easy to install and I almost hated to paint it!

With those pipes- you don't need side markers! Laughing

Very nicely done!
Photo Gallery
rcowboy07

PostPosted: April 14, 2009, 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Did you also get the solo seat mounts from tc bros? I just got my hardtail section in from them to day
blackwidow

PostPosted: April 14, 2009, 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

rcowboy07 wrote:
Did you also get the solo seat mounts from tc bros? I just got my hardtail section in from them to day

exactly right Yamaha Dave and no I didn't get the solo seat mounts I made them myself

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 14, 2009, 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

..Matches the Batmobile in the background ! Wink
gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: April 14, 2009, 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

xs1961 wrote:
..Matches the Batmobile in the background ! Wink
Very Happy Very Happy I found 2 more xs650s they look all together one has no title and the other does have one he wants 900 bux which probably isn't a bad deal just didn't know if I wanted to spend that much right now

PostPosted: April 14, 2009, 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

more pics of the PIMPALA please.
VoodooXS

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

rad bike, can't wait till mines all put together. the Impala in the backgrounds rad as well!
blackwidow

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

oldskoolcool wrote:
more pics of the PIMPALA please.

Here is a few pics of my other ride I just sold it was in the may 2009 issue of Lowrider magazine

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

man you own two of my fav cars and a sick xs bobber. LOL

btw what brand are your tires?

blackwidow

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

VoodooXS wrote:
man you own two of my fav cars and a sick xs bobber. LOL

btw what brand are your tires?
Like I said the red el camino is gone I sold it a few months back but it was all built by me. Thanks for the props on the bike as well and the tires on the bike are maxiis classic..

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I took the bike to a bike rodeo and show n shine today it was my first bike thing and I took a plaque for best euro so I'm real happy
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

What did you do with the old cafe seat and if you still have it what do you want?

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 1, 2009, 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

maybe 100 shipped it's in real good shapes with no cracks or breaks what so ever I don't now how to personal message on here.

PostPosted: May 1, 2009, 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

nice bike what size is your rear tire on that bike thanks
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 5, 2009, 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I believe the rear tire is a mt90/16

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Yeah the front tire is a 100/90/19 and the rear is a mt90/16

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

did you paint your sidewalls white yourself? if so what'd you use? i dont think i want white walls on the bike i'm building but somewhere down the road im going to!
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

blackwidow wrote:
I took a plaque for best euro

What do you mean euro? Did they think it was a Trumpy? Laughing Laughing

blackwidow

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

bryant wrote:
did you paint your sidewalls white yourself? if so what'd you use? i dont think i want white walls on the bike i'm building but somewhere down the road im going to!
na there real white walls

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

yamaman wrote:
blackwidow wrote:
I took a plaque for best euro

What do you mean euro? Did they think it was a Trumpy? Laughing Laughing
yamaha is a jap bike right?

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7