650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Fuel > > carbs?

carbs?
    Forum Index -> Fuel
bl4020

PostPosted: July 16, 2006, 11:38 pm    Post subject: carbs?

Hello i have a 1975 xs 650 and i was wonder when the bike is at running temp and im driving around when i approach a stop after grabing the clutch and the rpm drop, alot of the time the bike quits it just goes pshh, but it fires right over after it happens. if i hold the gas a little bit so it idles higher it doesnt die. why does it do this and how can i fix it

THANKS
grizld1

PostPosted: July 17, 2006, 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: carbs?

One thing your symptoms can indicate is clutch drag. The other is high fuel level, causing a momentary rich condition under braking; the dipping front end sloshes the fuel in the float bowls forward, and if fuel level's too high (float level too low) a stall results. Your manual will have instructions for adjustment. One point of confusion is that float height is measured from the "gasket surface" of the carb body. That's an ambiguous phrase. What's meant by it is the surface of the carb body on which the gasket rests, not the surface of the gasket. If your gasket can't be removed without damage, that's OK--the adjustment gives you a tolerance of 1 mm either way. Mikuni floatbowl gaskets are approximately 1 mm thick, so you can subtract 1 mm from the specified middle of the range and measure from the gasket.

Forum Index -> Fuel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1