650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: November 8, 2008, 6:48 am    Post subject: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

heya guys I am vlado iv ben lurking on this amzing forum for a while now and decided to join and introduce myself here is my hack its a 1980 special hope you like it

dsc03821.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.72 KB
 Viewed:  112 Time(s)

dsc03821.jpg

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: November 8, 2008, 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

Welcome to the site. We would all like to hear more from Australia. I guess you lads down there are getting into summer riding season or do you ride year round? Riding season is over now in Canada, so I'm into a top end re-build.
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: November 8, 2008, 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

Hi Vlado-welcome-what part of Aus?
Like the way your ride is going!
Was reading your other post about starter motor- I take it you want to remove your starter permenatly, is that right?

RG: we ride 364 (365 this year) 24/7 in the great southern land.

ABSINTHE

PostPosted: November 8, 2008, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

thanx fot the welcome Im from sydney.
yeah I want to remove the starter motor all together no4 gear needs fixing and I cant be stuffed, I never use the thing anyways its a 1/2 kick bike. and for the question above in australia you can prety much ride all year long. oh you like my new footpegs they are dt200 piss eazy to fit

resize4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.43 KB
 Viewed:  87 Time(s)

resize4.jpg

PostPosted: November 10, 2008, 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

Hi There,

I'm a new Aussie member too. I'm in Melbourne.

I deleted the starter motor on mine too. When I had the motor out and the clutch cover off I pulled all the associated gears and stuff. I machined up a plug that presses into the hole where the starter motor went. The plug has a lip machined into to snug it up against the face of the engine case and an O ring grove to seal it. There's a plate on the back (inside the behind the clutch) that bolts to the plug and holds it in place. It was a bit of messing around but turned out really tidy.

Cheers

ichael
Photo Gallery
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: November 10, 2008, 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

thanx michael but I wanted to know could it be done by simply removing the starter motor and just replacing with the plug leaving all the crap still inside he motor for now

PostPosted: November 10, 2008, 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

I believe you can pull it and plug it without removing all the other stuff. I just ripped it all out to save a bit of extra weight.

Cheers

ichael
Photo Gallery
ABSINTHE

PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: HELLO FROM AUSTRALIA

well thats what I thought I have to paint or powder my frame so I think ill give the motor a freshen up and when I doo that I will remove the stuff behind the front sprocket and next time clutch needs duing ill do the bendix side anyhow thanx a lot bro much apreciated for the answer

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1