650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Exhaust > > my 'good lookin' modified std pipes...the first stage!

my 'good lookin' modified std pipes...the first stage!
    Forum Index -> Exhaust
philby

PostPosted: December 11, 2007, 11:19 am    Post subject: my 'good lookin' modified std pipes...the first stage!

tomorrow ill finish stripping the guts out of my std pipes.... why you may ask? because some f...wit cut my pipes too short! now thier too loud- so im re-baffleing them. heres a run down on how im doing it in the event that someone wants to do it too... ill post pics later of the end product...

so far ive chisseled out the 2nd plate from the outlet (with a 1" tube at the base of it)- well the tube wasnt a hassle, but the plate feels like its connected to a 'skin' of steel (that wraps under the outside chrome exterior). this may be for an internal heat shield. it does wobble but feels like it is still connected further down the pipe.

tomorrow ill go further and post the results...

eventually ill be refitting the custom end caps I had custom made. (actually thier off the custom pipes i have made here for yamaha yzf and honda xr dirt bikes).
The end caps have a 3"dia so the origional pipes need to be cut short to accomodate the caps. (the angled end 'spout' is 48mm dia that protudes about 1.5"). a'staintune' noise suppressor can be simply slipped into the spout and affixed with a grub screw for quiter operation.

i will be selling these end caps in Jan 08, they will be cheap, but firstly i need to know that they will fit and work effectively. so keep your eyes on this section. i may be producing 4" end caps but i need to know what the maximum dia is of the end of the std pipe. (unfortunately this has now been discarded by my girl) ....

ssa40018.jpg
 Description:
modified std pipe...
 Filesize:  88.96 KB
 Viewed:  266 Time(s)

ssa40018.jpg

IT'S ALL GOOD BABY!....

IT'S ALL GOOD!
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Exhaust All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1