650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Good Bike Needed for my Wife

Good Bike Needed for my Wife
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 4:06 am    Post subject: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

Hello fellow 650 Riders ™

I’m posting the topic in the hopes that someone out there will make me an offer. It’s time for my wife to start riding her own bike, I’m a bit scared but she says I’ll get over it. My wife Lydia has just started her freshman year at Western North Carolina University (we are all very proud of her) and she is in need of a good running basically stock bike and would you believe it she wants a XS650…

We were talking about finding her a bike and she asked me to post it to the forums for her, so here it is. She needs a bike and I need a deal, I’m reaching out to you all looking for a good running stock bike close to the Asheville NC area or with in reasonable distance – I would consider shipping the right bike if it was the right bike. You know what I mean.

Any Riders with something to offer please post it here or PM me with details, The school year has started so the sooner the better.

PS: That’s my beloved wife in the photo, she so pretty isn’t she….

lydia.jpg
 Description:
My Beloved Wife, Lydia - she needs a bike!
 Filesize:  117.05 KB
 Viewed:  168 Time(s)

lydia.jpg

Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

What is your price range? That will be the factor in what you can get. Would be willing to sell mine, but not for cheap.
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

I have a kid for sale if you want another one.......this ones for cheap........

John

Last edited by xsjohn on August 30, 2007, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

My budget is next to nothing - I was hopping that someone may have something they would part with just to help me get my wife a good running bike, a gift maybe that would be great. May a bunch of members could get together and do a "lets build the admin a bike" drive and could come up with a bike for my wife - That would be great!
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

xsjohn,
where is NC are you? I'm in asheville area maybe we could work a deal on something. Could you post a few photos and details on condition and so on.

Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

Wasn't selling my bike just the kid..........

John

alan bike.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.97 KB
 Viewed:  149 Time(s)

alan bike.jpg

Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

I see - I'm so happy for my wife to be riding that I did not even get that in your post - Question can he run a bushhog - if so send him on I'll put him to work! Smile
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

Sure can run a bushhog.....but he will be needing a bike also......

I have a friend in Winston that has a decent 79 with 19 thou....He just bought a new Goldwing.......will ask him........

John
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

Thanks - I'll be around let me know what he says... Smile
Photo Gallery
jimmer
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

Thats so lame Russo.
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

ya I know, but I'm doing what I can to get her a bike - I can't afford one now and I have heard of folks giving bikes away before. My mom always siad "if you don't ask, how do you know what the answer will be"

So you got a bike you want to part with jimmer for cheep?

Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 30, 2007, 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

My next wife will have to be 96 years old...own a chain of liquor stores and have a bad cough.......then I could buy anything I wanted with just a little bit of waiting.........

John
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 31, 2007, 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

NO cause then your name would be anna nicole smith and you would end up dying a few years after from some strange reason.

Give me the rich but no fame. that's when you can truly do what you want.

hugh heffners brother. he has the life, imagine the leftovers he gets.

that's who I'd be if I could choose

Have a good holiday

Kyle
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 31, 2007, 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

I am going to die anyway from some strange reason.....Don't plan on being someones bi-ch.......Just happy being the a-hole that I am.......

John
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 31, 2007, 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

JOHN, we should all strive for more be the biggest and best, don't be an a-hole be a whole-a.

kyle
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 31, 2007, 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

How about the biggest and best a-hole....At least I would be good at something......

John
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 31, 2007, 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

If we use to talk sh-t in my house when we were growing up my grandmother use to say "we were talking like a man with a paper ass."
I still use that saying

Kyle
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: August 31, 2007, 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

My mother was a buck sargent in the Army ......she use to tell me I was as full of crap as a christmas turkey.......think she was right........

John
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: August 31, 2007, 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

aren't we all john aren't we all

kyle
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: September 3, 2007, 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

I'll post some deep yet off the wall quote from my Dad as soon as I remember one....

I remember one now.... He used to say this all the time- "Mom needs a bike" thats it and really I'm still not sure what it means.

Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: September 3, 2007, 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Good Bike Needed for my Wife

Useless as tits on a bull.......one I can remember vividly......

John
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1