650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > General site issues and information > > Site look, colors, theme and features

Site look, colors, theme and features
    Forum Index -> General site issues and information

How do you like the look of the site.
very cool
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Cool
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Not so cool
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sucky
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Really sucky
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 12, 2005, 1:46 am    Post subject: Site look, colors, theme and features

Thanks for looking over the site. What do you think about the look? Comment on it, sound off good or bad. Shocked

I will be doing some more work on the header of the site soon What do you all think should go there?

Last edited by 650rider on March 20, 2005, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
Wulf

PostPosted: March 12, 2005, 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Site look, colos and theme

All in all I love the site. I kinda like the idea that I joined when it was brand new. Very pleased that you have implemented mine and other members inputs to the site. I think you could probably do away with the poll of "do you want an unrestricted site" 'cause this is America and we love our freedom and hate restrictions. Bikers in particular! If someone wants a nanny to monitor every damn thing that goes on we may as well join the aclu and march to the politically correct. Ok, enought about that.
Scrolling pics are cool. Albums are even cooler. Shouts are a great idea. One thing I would like to see is the ability to see who else is logged in as well as a members list. Maybe thats already there and I just haven't figured it out yet. Keep up the great job and ride safe.
Wulf

650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 12, 2005, 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Site look, colos and theme

I did the the new user menu so we can see who is logged. Good idea and I added a "U.S. Customs and Border Protection is currently under condition" in the lower right hand side bar. I will check on the user list thing, I want to make sure that robots can not scan the personal info. Had an issue with that before.
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 12, 2005, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Site look, colos and theme

okay user list is up in the main menu under community
Photo Gallery
Jack

PostPosted: March 15, 2005, 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Site look, colos and theme

Gerald...........I'm glad you decided not to remove the your site,as we talked and to give it a chance. And as you see,it's paying off,as the words out about your site and they're a few familiar names I see,which is fantastics being we should all support everyones efforts,when a fresh idea is brought to the table. After all we all have one thing in common and that's our XS 650 and it's people like us from around the world,that keep this most addictive motorcycle alive and thumping down the road.

The color theme was a great choice plus you've done an excellent job on the whole format layout. The weathers almost rideable again Gerald, so lets hook up soon...........Jack
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 15, 2005, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Site look, colos and theme

Hi Jack,
Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the kind words about the site but, I want everyone to understand that this is not my site. It belongs to all the users thats sign up and users it. What ever they want is what I will try and do.

As for the weather I'm riding every day to work and taking the long way home just to get a little riding in. I bet it's colder where you are, I took a ride up the blue ridge the other day, just a few miles and man it got really cold in the higher mountains.

Is there anything you can think of that the site could use? Let me know.

Photo Gallery
Jack

PostPosted: March 15, 2005, 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Site look, colos and theme

Gerald..........."COLD" you say.........your just getting to old and your loosing that toughness you used to have !!!!!!!!!!! The moutain tops won't be warn untill the end of May...........Jack
Wulf

PostPosted: May 8, 2005, 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Site look, colors, theme and features

Hey Russo, I know I haven't been around for a while but what happened to the shout box. I thought that was pretty cool.
Wulf

650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 8, 2005, 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Site look, colors, theme and features

Just doing the updates it will be back soon
Photo Gallery
garethmoehr

PostPosted: May 31, 2005, 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Site look, colors, theme and features

Hey, this is one sweeeet looking message board. Cool

G
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: June 1, 2005, 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Site look, colors, theme and features

Thanks, The software that runs it is a work put together by hundreds of folks all working to get a great system up and running and there is no cost for the software it just needs to be setup on a good server.
Photo Gallery
kibokojoe
Site Reporter
Site Reporter

PostPosted: June 4, 2005, 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Site look, colors, theme and features

Russo

Your coming up to speed very quickly. I enjoy coming here almost everyday and checking out what is new. Your doing goodly man
Photo Gallery
Taiji_Dat

PostPosted: June 5, 2005, 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Site features: members location search

Hello Russo,
Great job on the site! Out of curiosity I did the search members list for locations to see who might be close to my location. Is there any way that when you search this way the States or Country are listed first? Right now there is no set order.
Taiji_Dat
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: June 6, 2005, 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Site features: members location search

Taiji_Dat wrote:
Is there any way that when you search this way the States or Country are listed first? Right now there is no set order.

I think there is a sort oder for member listings, I will see if I can set it that way.

kibokojoe wrote:
Russo

Your coming up to speed very quickly. I enjoy coming here almost everyday and checking out what is new. Your doing goodly man

Thanks you. I'm having a good time doing this site.

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> General site issues and information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1