650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Pro Boards " SUCK"

Pro Boards " SUCK"
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Jack

PostPosted: June 9, 2005, 5:13 am    Post subject: Pro Boards " SUCK"

It appears proboards thought it was time to up grade to more advanced attractions for their customers and from I've seen so far they really "SUCK" in providing great service to thier customers.
For the past 5 DAYS Ive been tring to activate my NEW account with the 650 proboards of which I've been a member for almost a year now and I've tried to activate my account with numerous activation numbers that were sent to me by EMail and every time I was denied access to my account.Well last night put the icing on the cake for me as a member of the proboards 650 board, I've thrown in the towel here,Great bunch of guys but Proboards SUCK, so Gearld if you don't mind ,I 'll just make my nest here and talk the 650 talk.................Jack
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: June 9, 2005, 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Boards " SUCK"

That’s fine jack very glad to have you. I hate that the other site is having issue with their setup, was no one able to help you get into your account or reset it for you. Well never mind that question their corporate office runs around 2700 boards and that’s a lot to keep up with. Last year I had a felling something like this would happen I’ve read about and had programmer friends of mine tell me how big board companies just drop sites. There is always this issue with a free board, at least if I mess up the board you can come over to Asheville and smack me.

Hope this site works out for you, if you need anything function wise on the site let me know and I’ll get on it. I look forward to reading your posts they are always very helpful as well as funny.

We could always use an official technical advisor here. Wink

Photo Gallery
Jack

PostPosted: June 11, 2005, 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Pro Boards " SUCK"

Tried again but still being denied access to my account,I might try later on down the road,just to many projects going on at the moment but pro boards definately have a few wrinkles to iron out. I 'm working on flat track head for Dawyne at 650 Central so this had taking priority over my bike project and I'll post some flow #s when the testing is done. There appears to be a new member on the pro boards who's questioning our flow numbers as to their accuracy cuz they're unable to achieve the same results. Flow benches are a testing instrument and are only as good as the person operating it and no two benches flow equal in comparrison,so the percentages will be off in the CFM rating and knowing where to remove and not to remove material to speed air flow up is the trick. But anyway this flat track head will be a challenge and a learning experience for me.

I'll be gone for awhile but not for to long I hope. If you get a chance,take exit 13 towards MarsHill,go to the stop sign,take a right onto Stockton Branch Rd,
go past Elkins RD on the right and around the bend is my house,mailbox # 96 on the left,come on by Gerald when ya have some free time ......Jack
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: June 11, 2005, 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pro Boards " SUCK"

I'll do it soon, I would like to see the bench master at work or just have a coffee. My wife has me working weekend of the new "old" house but I'm close to getting the honey do list done and should be ready for a get-a-way soon.

On the new house thing, I now have a little over half an acre to work with and have picked a location for my shop. It’s mostly going to be a barn setup with a gravel floor but the building plans are looking good. It’s the time line due to cash that just kills me. I hate to wait but for now that’s the way it is.

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1