coil and plug question
-> Pamco - Electronic Ignitions

#1: coil and plug question Author: felizLocation: Vancouver, Canada PostPosted: November 9, 2009, 9:20 pm
    ----
I've read all of the threads in this topic and still can't come to a conclusion. After ongoing ignition issues since buying my 75B, some of which I posted about on this forum, I'm finally springing for Pete's system.

I can't decide if the high performance coil (green?) is a real benefit or not, will I ever tell the difference? I understand it's easier to mount although I did buy the two ground clamps at Home Depot today. Unlike others I don't like the look of the yellow wires prefering the stock look instead.

I'm going to order plugs, is there any benefit for me to order iridium plugs for use with this ignition, or any other really. I've read so many conflicting opinions.

The stock ignition wires come with a rubber cover for most of their length, again, I know this probably isn't necessary but I'm anal about keeping the stock look, does anyone know where to buy the protecting tubing/hose of the correct size? I've looked for a year without success, all bikes of this era came with the wires protected.

Anyway, thanks to Pete for his help to date and to everyone for any insight into my questions. Feliz

#2: Re: coil and plug question Author: grinder PostPosted: November 9, 2009, 9:30 pm
    ----
Could yo use shrink tubing for the plug wires? We get the stuff in a roll at work and it comes in alot of different sizes.

#3: Re: coil and plug question Author: felizLocation: Vancouver, Canada PostPosted: November 9, 2009, 9:44 pm
    ----
Thanks Grinder, I'll take a look.

-> Pamco - Electronic Ignitions