Pint question
-> All the rest

#1: Pint question Author: NateDoggLocation: North Branford, CT PostPosted: March 2, 2009, 10:31 pm
    ----
This guy I know wants to see what would happen if you sprinkled glitter on wet paint and then cleared over it. Lets just say a test run was done on some scrap as an expiriment. Obviously the glitter leaves a texture. What are the odds that building up clear coat over this will eliminate the bumpiness???

#2: Re: Pint question Author: yamamanLocation: Perth Western Australia PostPosted: March 2, 2009, 10:49 pm
    ----
Ahh bugger, wrong thread! Sad I thought we were discussing pints. Damn, could have been a great topic, a pint of Tooheys New, maybe a pint of Newcastle Brown, always up for a pint of Guiness and could probably twist my arm into going a pint of Becks. Laughing
But if we're heading to Monaco, then it's your shout! $18 Aussie for a pint there! Twisted Evil

#3: Re: Pint question Author: tito650Location: pennsylvania PostPosted: March 2, 2009, 11:10 pm
    ----
well the only time i'm around glitter is at the strip club. darn stuff gets every where ! Confused i don't know to much about pints, but i do know alot about 5th's Laughing

#4: Re: Pint question Author: jayelLocation: SE Iowa 1974 TX650A PostPosted: March 2, 2009, 11:13 pm
    ----
it's that Conneticut accent yammer

#5: Re: Pint question Author: NateDoggLocation: North Branford, CT PostPosted: March 2, 2009, 11:24 pm
    ----
Funny, i had a couple pints while i was working on the bike tonight....burned in my subconscious

#6: Re: Pint question Author: pumpsLocation: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard PostPosted: March 2, 2009, 11:29 pm
    ----
Might take a lot....but I'm no painter thats for sure.

#7: Re: Pint question Author: gggGary PostPosted: March 9, 2009, 5:45 pm
    ----
NateDogg wrote:
what would happen if you sprinkled glitter on wet paint and then cleared over it.
done that, I did a little custom bike painting back in the 70's doncha know? Put the glitter in the clear and spray it together. might want to use a dedicated pot, hate to have glitter show up later. mix the clear rather thin so the glitter has a chance to lay down. A flash coat of thinner will help the glitter lay down also. A lot depends on the size of the glitter. the smaller it is the easier it will lay down. Candy colors over glitter can be spectacular in a boat gel coat kind of way.

#8: Re: Pint question Author: estewart PostPosted: December 25, 2009, 3:59 pm
    ----
why not buy some car paint that has metal flake already in it. i painted a 06 ex500 with GM charcol. it was black with the metal flake in it. and it didnt cost me an arm and a leg for a pint. haha. it looked good in the shade and better in the sun. also didnt have to worry about bumps when the clear coat was sprayed.

-> All the rest