650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
busaken

PostPosted: December 25, 2009, 4:34 pm    Post subject: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

Hello all.. im new to this site and thought i would share some pics of work in progress 81 xs 650 with a 750 kit installed. Before i purchased the bike for 200 bones back in the spring of 09. Pulled engine out and completely disassembled the engine to freshen her up. Added new seals, o rings, gaskets cleaned up ports in the head and lapped the valves in. Took cylinder to a local machine shop to install sleeves bore and hone for the 750 kit. had to buy another crank because the orginial crank flywheel gear for electric start was stripped.bought a welded crankshaft. powdercoated the engine in a wrinkle black and highlighted the fins with a cutoff wheel. Added Shell #1 camshaft and bought 34 vm round slides with kn filters. bike should round very good i hope lol!
Frame seat area was cut for a lower solo rider and all unnecessary bracket pegs removed. added a Tractor Farm Supply cargo trailer rear fender cut out 2" out the center and rewelded up. Made my own forward controls. Made my own solo seat pan from fiberglass and added the foam and vinyl covering. Made up my own handle bars. Paint work was done by me. Frame is powdercoated matte black and the centers of the wheel are powdercoated. all work has been done in house including the powdercoating. Still have the wiring to do and hook up the exhaust before i can hear her run again.

copy of dsc00789.jpg
 Description:
back view
 Filesize:  42.97 KB
 Viewed:  421 Time(s)

copy of dsc00789.jpg

copy of dsc00787.jpg
 Description:
what the bobber looks like
 Filesize:  47.08 KB
 Viewed:  456 Time(s)

copy of dsc00787.jpg

copy of dsc00788.jpg
 Description:
engine installed in new powdered coated matte black frame
 Filesize:  47.56 KB
 Viewed:  401 Time(s)

copy of dsc00788.jpg

Srinath

PostPosted: December 25, 2009, 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

Oooo 750 bore wihtout a rephase. Please tell us how much it vibrates. I have not found any one who has been able to tell me that so far.
Thanks.
Srinath.
1ironhead

PostPosted: December 27, 2009, 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

NICE JOB !!! Good lookin' scoot.
cretin75xs650

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

I like it, I have an 81 and am thinking of lowering my seat. Can you email me at cycleryder02 @ aol.com and tell me how and where you cut the frame? Paint and powdercoat looks first class, keep the pics coming.
murdercycle

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

Right on, I'm doing the same thing. Did you move the swingarm?
murdercycle

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

busaken

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

murdercycle wrote:
swingarm is stock length, might be how i took the picture? also using shorter shocks and with fender makes the bike look longer but it is stock xs length
murdercycle

PostPosted: December 29, 2009, 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

Very cool. 10.5 springs?
busaken

PostPosted: December 29, 2009, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 750 blue bobber...work in progress

murdercycle wrote:
Very cool. 10.5 springs?
yes 10.5 shocks

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1