650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > The Black Widow my first bike build

The Black Widow my first bike build
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
r6_ryder_03

PostPosted: December 27, 2009, 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

well there actually isnt much i would change but here it is.

Exhaust pipes, i would have wrapped them with white exhaust wrap instead of the paint.

frame looks great but i might have made it just slightly shortethe

handlebars would also be black and not chrome and i would have put either a straight short bar or thin ape hangers but not very tall ones. and def no mirrors or just one of the bar end.

i wouldnt put a tack on it either.

and last but most important, i would move the pegsback to the center of the frame. im not a fan of the legs way infront look.

again these are only suggestions and im not taking away from the bike in any way. it looks amazing and if it was my build i would be more than proud. i reaaaalllly like this bike just would have made a few changes is all but then again i pretty much explained what mine will look like haha.
great job and keep us posted on your new project i cant wait to see where you are going to take this one.

PostPosted: December 28, 2009, 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I wanted to do the exhaust wrap but I wanted it red so the bike would pop a little but the price of that compared to the paint it was way cheaper to do the paint and I ended up really liking it.The handle bars were black before but I ordered through mikes xs and all he had is chrome I'm gonna leave em that way for now and if I decide I don't like it I'll scuff em and paint em black. You have to run mirrors in Colorado and being I'm new to the bike scene I didn't know of any other ones that were nice. Do you have a pic of a mirror of the end like you were talking.. I was thinking of apes but like I said I"m new to riding and and I wanted full control of the bike.It's not a tach on there it's a speedometer the cops are brutal here so I didn't want to be speeding and not even know it thats why I put signals as well. Thanks for your insight I appreciate it.

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7