650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > The Black Widow my first bike build

The Black Widow my first bike build
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Rodzilla, rose like a Phoenix out of the Blackwidow's ashes! Laughing
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

yamaman wrote:
Rodzilla, rose like a Phoenix out of the Blackwidow's ashes! Laughing

Coo

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Isn't it scary to bring that thing to a stop fast with just a rear drum or does the frame geometry and meeter tire help?

PostPosted: December 9, 2009, 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

curt698 wrote:
Isn't it scary to bring that thing to a stop fast with just a rear drum or does the frame geometry and meeter tire help?
It's not as bad as you think you just have to be careful

PostPosted: December 11, 2009, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

PostPosted: December 11, 2009, 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

The carbs are on it now along with the coil and I have dropped the battery in it and am starting to rewire it so I'm getting close. I orderd a bunch of parts for it, I was hoping for a finish time of january 31 but it might be sooner we'll have to wait and see

PostPosted: December 12, 2009, 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

how on earth are you doing this so fast?
this looks really really great!
DeadGuy102

PostPosted: December 12, 2009, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Very nice bike! Where did you find that round style fender? What rim and tire size are you running and where did you find the rims?
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

toe. wrote:
how on earth are you doing this so fast?
this looks really really great!
alot of the parts were very salvagable so alot of cleaning and repainting and there back on so not too much work at all I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month or the first week or so of next month but we'll see how things go I"ll keep posting pics of all my progress. Like I said the bike is a little further along than in the pics but I'd like to straighten out my wiring before I post more pics because it looks a little mess right now

PostPosted: December 13, 2009, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

DeadGuy102 wrote:
Very nice bike! Where did you find that round style fender? What rim and tire size are you running and where did you find the rims?
It has the stock wheels on it the rear is a 16" and the tire I believe is an mt90/16 and the fender I picked up off of ebay some guy was making them and it really fits the bike nicely.I've seen some real nice bikes then they look alittle off shaped with a rear fender that is too big for the tire and rim and it really hurts the look of it.

PostPosted: December 17, 2009, 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

couple more things I could be riding this weekend if I wanted but I'm gonna take my time and probably finish her up for next week sometime we'll see what happens

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Congratulations man Cool

blackwidow.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.73 KB
 Viewed:  384 Time(s)

blackwidow.jpg

Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

650skull wrote:
Congratulations man Cool
I still need the exhaust on it so no need for congradulations just yet Very Happy

PostPosted: December 21, 2009, 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

blackwidow wrote:
I also just picked up another xs650 it's a 78 and it starts right up I paid 500 for it. Too bad it has a waste of a candy painted tank and side covers that are probably just gonna go in the junk pile
This is what this bike looks like now it's My next bobber project I'm thiking of going all red with this one and some white on the tank and possibly chroming some of it

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I got my bike done I'm just waiting for some decent weather to put it out and I'll snap some more pics

PostPosted: December 25, 2009, 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

well shes all done I took her for a ride today I don't have the carb filters on in these pics though but I do have them.It was like 25 degrees out but I had to test ride it I was so excited

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 25, 2009, 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Awesome, glad it's back....May God bless her & all who sail upon her!
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 25, 2009, 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

yamaman wrote:
Awesome, glad it's back....May God bless her & all who sail upon her!
Thank you and it was 25 degrees here today and I still said I have to get out and take a ride on this thing Very Happy

PostPosted: December 26, 2009, 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I didn't have the pod filters on the bike in those pics I do in these pics

PostPosted: December 27, 2009, 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

This bike looks amazing! Great job buddy and keep up the good work. I love your colour scheme and the overall look. oviously everyone has their own taste and i would have done a few things diff but dont think that im taking away from your beautiful masterpiece. great job!

PostPosted: December 27, 2009, 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

very well done, hows the welded chain hold up on your fender...think it would support a ppad?
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 27, 2009, 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

dqnjuan wrote:
very well done, hows the welded chain hold up on your fender...think it would support a ppad?
whats the pad for??If your asking if it'll support the weight of somone sitting on it? no.

PostPosted: December 27, 2009, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

r6_ryder_03 wrote:
This bike looks amazing! Great job buddy and keep up the good work. I love your colour scheme and the overall look. oviously everyone has their own taste and i would have done a few things diff but dont think that im taking away from your beautiful masterpiece. great job!
fill me in on what you would have done different??I like constructive critizism and I do have another bike to build so I like all kinds of idea's thrown at me

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7