650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas, Guys!
Go to page 1, 2  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
BSABarb

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 12:57 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Hi Guys,

Merry Christmas! No matter one's religion, 'tis the Season, and we can all agree that shorter nights and longer days is a great thing, right? The only path to Spring is through Winter, and along the way it's nice to celebrate, eat too much, maybe imbibe just a wee drap 'o the Crayture, and ring in the New Year, too!

I'll be at my brother's, eating prime rib, ham and turkey, and the gingerbread trifle I'll take along. No doubt we will set things up at his range (he lives in the woods) and spend Christmas day afternoon shooting up helpless pieces of paper....

(Isn't that how everyone spends Christmas?) Very Happy

Maybe I'll try to get in an early ride on the old Yam, just as a present to myself....

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Barb

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas to you Barb and all the other wonderful people of this site. Keep on ridin and postin those posts.....Kevin.Be safe!

PostPosted: December 18, 2009, 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

I"ll be alone for the holidays but that's ok,santa is bringing me a welder.
HAPPY FESTIVAS get the pole out and start bitchin.Oh and it is MERRY XMAS NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS
1ironhead

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas ! I'll have family passing through through the week.I'm laid off again,which kind of sucks $wise,but I won't miss anyone through the week.Prime rib sounds great.As always,I'll be grilling and crock potting.The forum should be coming to life too.
pamcopete
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

barb,

Why is it that the distaff side is always the one who initiates things like "Merry Christmas"? I think it's because women are just plain nicer than crude males....

Merry Christmas to you and all here on the site, even xsjohn, who will be here shortly with a tirade about the liberals taking Christmas out of Christmas....except this time he will be right....

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry festive season to all and keep the family squabbles to a minamim. Will be spending some time on the beach thinking of my northan friends enjoying their fires, (much nicer than heaters).
So eat drink and feel mary-jane -bart-or bob, just don't get court Stay safe and upright.

In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.

It is in ancient Rome that the tradition of the Mummers was born. The Mummers were groups of costumed singers and dancers who traveled from house to house entertaining their neighbors. From this, the Christmas tradition of caroling was born.

The word Yule itself means “wheel,” the wheel being a pagan symbol for the sun. Mistletoe was considered a sacred plant, and the custom of kissing under the mistletoe began as a fertility ritual. Hollyberries were thought to be a food of the gods.

In 350, Pope Julius I declared that Christ’s birth would be celebrated on December 25. There is little doubt that he was trying to make it as painless as possible for pagan Romans (who remained a majority at that time) to convert to Christianity
Photo Gallery
nj1639

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

"God bless us, everyone!"
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Have a safe & merry christmas everybody. Rethink your second drink when your driving/riding. Be nice to your in-laws, and even nicer to outlaws, cheers.

650skull wrote:
In 350, Pope Julius I declared that Christ’s birth would be celebrated on December 25. There is little doubt that he was trying to make it as painless as possible for pagan Romans (who remained a majority at that time) to convert to Christianity

A festival of the birth of the Unconquered Sun (or Dies Natalis Solis Invicti) was celebrated when the duration of daylight first begins to increase after the winter solstice, — the "rebirth" of the sun.

The Sol Invictus festival ran from December 22 through December 25. Eradicating the remnants of this much-celebrated pagan holiday is likely the reason why Christmas was picked by the early Catholic leaders as the birthday of Jesus Christ.

Evergreens were cherished at this time of year as a natural symbol of rebirth and life amid winter whiteness. But holly was particularly prized to decorate doors, windows and fireplaces because of its prickliness -- to either ward off or snag and capture evil spirits before they could enter and harm a household.

Mistletoe:

www.candlegrove.com/mistletoe.html

BSABarb

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Hi Guys,

Origins evolve, and now we still use some of the old symbols, but I guess we worship Walmart now, right? Rolling Eyes

My Celtic heritage embraces all sorts of mythology and legend, and through all of the changes of intent and title, it still remains true that it's nice, when the crops are in and it's too cold to plow, we find time to celebrate with family and friends.

For each and every one of you guys I would wish for a zero-miles apogee of XS development and class: a 1977 "D"!! Very Happy Very Happy

(What?? You expected a partridge in a pear tree? -------doubt it!!) Laughing

Merry Christmas, Gents!

Barb

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Quote::
Origins evolve, and now we still use some of the old symbols, but I guess we worship Walmart now, right? Rolling Eyes

Never a truer word.

We are told a jolly man with a big beard in a red coat from the north pole with magic reindeer that fly, climbs down the chimney and gives us a present. .......later we are told it is to calibrate the birth of a child..........Now it is the economy and we have the reserve bank making decisions on weather to raise interest rates depending how much we spend on Christmas presents directly affecting the CPI........Starts off as a lie continues as a lie, then we keep living the lie. ............Sorry rambling..............
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas to all. I'll be pulling a last 24 hr shift tomorrow and be on vacation until Jan. 4th. Seniority has it's benefits! Also will be celebrating my 22nd wedding anniversary on the 1st. Unless she gives me the boot twen now and then!

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
tonyc2me

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas to all and I truly believe that we all are blessed. TC
Pure-Pork

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Happy Winter Solstice to all !!
oldbikenut

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas everyone!
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

pumps,

Happy anniversary!

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

pamcopete wrote:
pumps,

Happy anniversary!

Thanks ! (If I make it!)

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

merry xmas and hope santa fills all your socks with a bunch of xs goodies.
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Well, it's just clicked over midnight in Western Australia.......I'm at work with 3 others..........Merry Christmas everybody! Cheers
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

yamaman wrote:
Well, it's just clicked over midnight in Western Australia.......I'm at work with 3 others..........Merry Christmas everybody! Cheers
Wow not only are you guys upside down, your clocks are wrong too! Laughing

Merry Christmas, Yamaman

pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas brother. We are supposed to get snow and have a white Christmas for the first time since 1962? I think. Throw some more logs on the fire jayel as I think it's gonna get you too.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

yeah right now we've got 42F with thick fog, as in rain, turning to sleet/freezing rain and snow tonight oh joy
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Will be 35*C here tommorow, oop's you didn't wanna know that did you!
Thanks Jayel, Pumps, stay warm & safe!

How to make gravy, by Paul Kelly (a Christmas song, not instructions):

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

Cheers

PS like PaulKelly?

despecial

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

all the best of the season, weve had xmas dinner, opened the pressies, put the kids to bed, and are now getting wasted - its pissin down, the snows melting away...tomorrows supposed to lightly snow-means lots of ice, will be a good day to stay in

peace love and happiness

PostPosted: December 24, 2009, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Guys!

Merry Christmas everyone and happy new year I have to work though but it's cool I'll be getting some extra pay

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2