650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > screen name whats yours mean

screen name whats yours mean
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 8:49 pm    Post subject: screen name whats yours mean

I don't know if this has been done before I hope it's not a repost just trying to get to know people beter.Mine is the name of my bike Very Happy

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

NJ is the ancestral state, the year-1639, is of one of my European ancestors arrival to the Swedish colony on the Delaware River ( Peter Gunnarson Rambo).

Avatar is my gggggrandfather, Jonas Cattell, pic circa early 1800's.

All that and a buck seventy five will get me a large coffee at Wa-Wa. HA!

1ironhead

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

iron worker by trade(refered to by other trades as ironheads),also 1st Harley was an ironhead
BSABarb

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

Hi Guys,

No one will ever guess, but I have a shed-full of BSA singles, and my name is--aww, you guessed.

It is actually more than that. My first two Brit bikes were BSA's---a 1949 D-1 Bantam that was a truly terrible little thing, and a 1959 A-10 that was a truly wonderful big thing. I loved and rode that bike all over Oregon and Washington in my youth. I had a Norton 650SS that would walk away from the A-10, but I prefer the smooth power of the BSA, given the choice.

So my four current BSA's have quite a rep to achieve, and so far only one (Britney) has done so, and I've had her since 1979.

And if anyone has an A-10 or single-carb A-65 that's pining for a good home with kin, post immediately! It's my duty to rescue BSA's in need.... Very Happy

Barb

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

Hey guys thanks for sharing oh an nj1639 good idea to say what your avatar pic is mine is of my bike of corse.
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

I have an obsession with the 650 and SKULL is a nick name i was given back in the early 80's hence 650SKULL. I dropped my aviator when i was given the rather obvious Vault aviator, when making posts into the Vault it would take to much space having them both
Photo Gallery
Finn51

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

For me, my name is my Mums nickname for me, where it came from I have no idea, but she called me that the last time I saw her, and each time I see it up there it reminds me of her. The 51 is pretty obvious, and it was a good year too. John
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 19, 2009, 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

I drive a fire truck known as a pumper. We carry 500 gallons of water, a pump with a capacity of 1250 gallons per minute, a whole lot of hose of various sizes and my job is to get water to my guys on the nozzle to put out the fire. Anybody know where the nearest hydrant is?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

Cool

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

Hamish is my real name in Gaelic (James), when I used to race back in the late 90's my mechanic/friend at the local shop called me HighSpeedHamish all the time... it stuck since.

Hamish in Gaelic means, He who removes...

curt698

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

My last name is Curtis so a lot of friends call me Curt and I got sober June of 1998 so.. curt698. Avatar is my bike.

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

I am Jimmy Dean and my friends called me "Pure Pork Sausage" from the seventies on, due to the TV commercial from Jimmy Dean, where his Pure Pork Sausage won't fry away in the skillet. I have many bikes, but my longest love affair has been with my 1956 Panhead, since 1974.
oldbikenut

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

Great thread!

Mine is pretty generic, I really like most bikes especially the older ones and the nuts was just a way to express just how much Confused

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

hmm thats difficult
mine is roy fisk pretty straight forward

kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

William J. King. Goes back to my previous career where you logged in with last name, first initial, middle initial.

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
twinsarehot

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

yes, quite straightfoward, we all agree, TWIN cylinder bikes ARE HOT

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

When you've got a name like Roar, you don't need a nickname.
blackwidow

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

roar wrote:
When you've got a name like Roar, you don't need a nickname.
everytime I hear roar or I make a funny roar sound I do it because a cougar is around thats what I tell my wife and she laughs I guess Very Happy

PostPosted: December 20, 2009, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

My job is repairing sump and sewage pumps. Some of these pumps are "grinder" pumps so I get called grinderman at work.
metalredneck

PostPosted: December 21, 2009, 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

Heavy metal musician, born in Alberta, so that's the redneck portion. Being a proud Canuck, my avatar is Daggett, one of the Angry Beavers.

PostPosted: December 21, 2009, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

visegrippe... bad pun for a bug (flu) that won't let go, (grippe, french for flu). also a very handy tool...
TeeCat

PostPosted: December 21, 2009, 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

My username, TeeCat, is a play on "Tom Cat", as my name is Tom. It kind of backfired - in a good way though - because a bunch of young people whom I have been e-mentoring for years have constructed this elaborate feline "persona" for me. Heck... they have me climbing draperies, waiting for tuna, and going in and out of a catflap. One of the kids started calling me "Kitty" some years ago, and it stuck. Most everyone there, including the other adults, call me that now, or TC, though they are fully aware of my name.

TC
Photo Gallery
gantzcb
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 23, 2009, 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

no creativity here, just my name.
mrkil

PostPosted: December 23, 2009, 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: screen name whats yours mean

mine is my name

first name is jeff

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1