650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > New-b from michigan

New-b from michigan
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
Eric00

PostPosted: November 28, 2009, 8:54 pm    Post subject: New-b from michigan

well i found this site after picking up a very nice 75 xs650 with only 3k on it, the thing ran like a top and shifted great, at first i was going to clean it up and keep it stock however all the googleing I found tcbros website,, then i ordered a hardtail, love the bike and hope to spend sometime on your forums! Eric
pamcopete
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: November 28, 2009, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

Eric,
There are plenty of lesser XS650's out there that would be good candidates for a hard tail.

To take a '75 in pristine shape and chop it up is a crime. The '75 is one of the better examples of the breed.

PostPosted: November 28, 2009, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

well.... i guess i shouldnt post pic of current state, I think ill lose friend quick =(
Eric00

PostPosted: November 28, 2009, 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

I tryed making a account on here the night i bought it but some reason it wasnt working, i wish i got on here before i already did the deed, sorry guys, I thought they were common b/c I looked at 2 75 the day i bought mine -Eric
Eric00

PostPosted: November 28, 2009, 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

Pics from the night it came home...

BigD-FZ1

PostPosted: December 4, 2009, 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

Hmmm , would loved to have stumbled across this one .... I don't have the heart to start cuttin on my 79 special Rolling Eyes But then I had wanted one from the days back when they were new . I hate to see that this fell victim to a hardtail conversion , But I guess I'm sentimental when it comes to the older standards . If you decide to part with some pieces parts My bro may be interested in a couple of items
Srinath

PostPosted: December 4, 2009, 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

That's regular wear on a 75 ... you expect a 40 yr old woman to have a few wrinkles and maybe stretch marks from having kids. You love her for that ...

The later years with that godawful stepped seat and the monstrous lump of a tail section with latches and fender ears and what not are begging to be hacked and torched.

Special's ... yes special in the sense that retarded kids are called "special"

Cool.
Srinath.
BigD-FZ1

PostPosted: December 4, 2009, 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

The Specials were what people wanted at the time ... they sure sold enough of them ... If you're going to compare bikes to women , no two are shaped alike & not all are desired by everyone . But like fat girls the specials have their fans as well . Ya don't have to knock it just because its not for you .... He who protests too strongly may be labeled as special by some Smile
Srinath

PostPosted: December 4, 2009, 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

Correct ... specials did sell in large numbers. So did several other awfuller fuglier bikes in the early 80's ... special comparatively isn't that bad.
I even managed to ride and sell on couple years ago with it still looking "special" and all.
Cool.
Srinath.
BigD-FZ1

PostPosted: December 4, 2009, 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

I'm used to riding the fugly machines . I get alot of unsolicited feedback from the younger crotch rocket crowd about my sports/tourer without all the plastics . It seems they don't see the cool factor without all the real estate to put stickers on it . I prefer the nekked functional machine over the plastic clad "pretty' bikes , But I'm just a redneck like that lol . If I felt the urge to chop one up it would definitely be a special and one in rough condition at that . Face it , when your done theres very little kept of anything cosmetic from something being made into a bobber anyway
Eric00

PostPosted: December 7, 2009, 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

BigD-FZ1 wrote:
Hmmm , would loved to have stumbled across this one .... I don't have the heart to start cuttin on my 79 special Rolling Eyes But then I had wanted one from the days back when they were new . I hate to see that this fell victim to a hardtail conversion , But I guess I'm sentimental when it comes to the older standards . If you decide to part with some pieces parts My bro may be interested in a couple of items

yea , it was cut into before i found out how wanted these 75 are... as far as the extra parts i plan on offing as much as possible (need to make up for all the parts ive been buying -lol-) im really only keeping the stuff thats in these two pics

Eric00

PostPosted: December 7, 2009, 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

The funny thing is ive came acroos 3 of these 75s in the last 30 days
BigD-FZ1

PostPosted: December 7, 2009, 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

Eric00 wrote:
The funny thing is ive came acroos 3 of these 75s in the last 30 days
If I was anywhere close I would sure be checking out the surplus bikes that you passed up Very Happy I would imagine you just had a run of good luck finding that many in that time period . It looks like you're off to a good start on your project , and with the low miles on the clock it should be pretty well road ready engine wise . I'm interested in seeing the updates and final results of this one .. Keep us posted
Stonecold2491

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

I'm with BigD or big bro as I know him the older standards are just too much fun to ride in their classic form . It's just too cool to watch all the Sportster riders break their necks trying to figure out what just went by. I have had a blast riding my 72 this summer , so much so that I had an chance to grab a 78 . Best part is both bikes cost nothing but a trip to pick them up. FREEBIES ROCK! I suppose when all is said and done I like seeing any XS650 in any form rolling down the highway and being enjoyed.
Eric00

PostPosted: December 8, 2009, 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New-b from michigan

Stonecold2491 wrote:
I'm with BigD or big bro as I know him the older standards are just too much fun to ride in their classic form . It's just too cool to watch all the Sportster riders break their necks trying to figure out what just went by. I have had a blast riding my 72 this summer , so much so that I had an chance to grab a 78 . Best part is both bikes cost nothing but a trip to pick them up. FREEBIES ROCK! I suppose when all is said and done I like seeing any XS650 in any form rolling down the highway and being enjoyed.

yea i agree about enjoying these xs's i cant wait till its done b/c i would love to take on my harley buddys, they give me some much crap about my bikes, The best one is "all that money in those bikes you could have had a harley" well i rather not and hve the handfull i own =)

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1