650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Frank-in-Bike, Non XS parts that are Interchangeable > > Front / Rear Ends and Shocks > > thinking about a springer with a stock rake but don't know

thinking about a springer with a stock rake but don't know
Go to page Previous  1, 2
    Forum Index -> Front / Rear Ends and Shocks
blackwidow

PostPosted: August 1, 2009, 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: thinking about a springer with a stock rake but don't kn

MN_TX650 wrote:
i am starting to lean that way more and more. Seen some nice photos of bikes guys made a drop seat section for, and retained the rear shocks. looks sick as f***. Thinking it would look good with a springer too

I've seen a couple of bikes like this that are clean and I like em there the next best thing to a hardtail besides the monoshock ones that look like hardtails.

PostPosted: August 31, 2009, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: thinking about a springer with a stock rake but don't know

MN_TX650 wrote:
you will need the tapered neck bearing set that mikesxs sells, and 1" tapere trailer bearings from what I have read. Basically use only the bearing races from mikes set.

hey, can you eloborate on this point?
I have girder fork that I want to put onto an XS hardtail frame that I have.
Im having some issues finding a bearing set up that has an outer diameter of 48mm with a 1 inch inner diameter.
Most trailer axle bearing kits have a 50mm OD with a 1 inch ID...
Incidently I also have a set of tapered bearings coming in from Mikes XS...

Thanks
MN_TX650

PostPosted: September 1, 2009, 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: thinking about a springer with a stock rake but don't know

What I posted is just what I have read. I know nothing more...sorry. I know that calicruser has mounted many springers on to XS650's, so he would be your best source of info on exactly which bearings to run...

www.650rider.com/index...ofile=2055
blackwidow

PostPosted: October 27, 2009, 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: thinking about a springer with a stock rake but don't know

If I wanted to run a stock front rim would I have to make new bottom brackets so that the stock axle could fit or is it too narrow or the rim to narrow too wide does anybody know?? Would I be able to weld a washer to that bottom bracket that way a stock axle will fit right in??

Forum Index -> Front / Rear Ends and Shocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2