650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????
Go to page 1, 2  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: January 2, 2009, 8:56 pm    Post subject: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Shocked Shocked Shocked I need some of what this guy has been smokin Shocked Shocked Shocked

stlouis.craigslist.org...71542.html

Photo Gallery
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: January 2, 2009, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

75 paint, now you chopper guys can see what a unmolseted stocker goes for Rolling Eyes
XSDAD

PostPosted: January 2, 2009, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

three too many zeros.
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: January 2, 2009, 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

I've been in email contact with the seller. She really believes it will go 140MPH and is worth $6000. I offered her $60
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: January 2, 2009, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

This could be our own little "Economic Recovery Program"!!

Looking at that POS for only $6000.00, my '77 is worth at least $15,000.00, since it will go 140 miles per hour lugging the sidecar.....

(I looked at the poor bike, and expected to laugh, but it's really pitiful, thinking that poor thing is worth more than about $200.00 maximum. Sad, really....)

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
Millie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: January 2, 2009, 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

what a wreck. it makes mine look like a showroom / museum quality bike and i just traded an old rowboat for mine.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
nokitov

PostPosted: January 2, 2009, 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

If the speedometer went up to 200 mph then it would be worth $6K but the speedometer only goes up to 140 and as everyone knows, speedometers don't lie too much. 10-4 on the smoke.
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Smoke, hell! Reefer never did that to anyone.
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Looks as though it'd be ok, once you replaced EVERYTHING!
renloy

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

The rust makes it go faster? ROFLMAO
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Actually, it'd be OK if all you wanted was a frame and a title and MAYBE an engine, like if you were gonna custom-build one and didn't wanna f**k around getting a home-built title. The title ought to be worth $50 all by itself. Most everything else looks like rat s***.
nj1639

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Proves that meth is bad for you, or is it crack? Which one makes you delusional ?
deadsled54

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

I offered her $200 just to see what she would say and she wrote me back stating "knock and cry to someone else I have a man". I am not even sure how to interpret this yet.

Last edited by deadsled54 on January 4, 2009, 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
knightrider

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Maybe she was confused, and put the price at $6k instead of 6k pesos!! The only time that bike is going to see 140 is with a tornado behind it!!
Nice maltese cross mirrors!
brookiedc

PostPosted: January 3, 2009, 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

I bought 3 XSs in better shape than that for $400, and I thought it was a bit steep. And after I got one running and pulled all the other parts I thought I'd need, I GAVE the other two to a friend for his bobber project. What the hell was I thinking? I could be rich now.
Photo Gallery
deadsled54

PostPosted: January 4, 2009, 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

she obviously is somewhat crazy.... I told her I dont care about her man I am just interested in the bike and she told me to get with my woman.....she needs medication desperately
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: January 4, 2009, 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

deadsled54 -- Everyone else -- I don't believe I'd communicate with her further. As deadsled noted, she is obviously crazy. Heaven only knows what SHE tells others about the messages she gets, the people who contact her about this bike, etc. If she ends up dead or injured one of these days, the cops may come calling at YOUR house. Do you want to explain to your wife and kids why the St. Louis police suspect you murdered a crazy lady or -- worse yet, these days -- that you've been sexually harassing her via the Internet?
renloy

PostPosted: January 4, 2009, 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

So you're saying I shouldn't offer her $3000 for the bike if she throws in a free hot karl?
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: January 4, 2009, 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

deadsled54 wrote:
I offered her $200 just to see what she would say and she wrote me back stating "knock and cry to someone else I have a man". I am not even sure how to interpret this yet.

I offered her $50 for it as is, $100 if she could get running enough to ride and $6000 if it was running and she could get it to go the stated 140MPH. I was really just trying to let her know how outragious her price was and all I got back was some babble and a picture of Mother Mary and Jesus and something about getting a life and I was the fool cause she knew it was worth more than her asking price. She's friggin nuttier than hell.

Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: January 4, 2009, 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Might tell her you found a better deal...........

xsjohn

parking your bike.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.85 KB
 Viewed:  142 Time(s)

parking your bike.jpg

Photo Gallery
nokitov

PostPosted: January 4, 2009, 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Which one do you hug? The tree or the bike?
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: January 4, 2009, 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

xsjohn wrote:
Might tell her you found a better deal...........

xsjohn

What, only $5500 for that one John, bargain!

Barbara

PostPosted: January 5, 2009, 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

Hi Guys,

This is interesting--apparently she got what she wanted, and I bit just like everyone else.

I sent an email, patiently explaining that I had owned a couple of XS's over the years, what they were worth, etc., and suggesting that if she really wants to sell it, she might check some other XS's for sale on C/L.

I got back the same gibberish everyone else got, but that's not the point. Apparently something seems to make us write to this person, trying to give her (him?) a clue. I'm wondering why..

Is it just the urge to whack her upside the head and try to let a little sunshine in? Is it pity? I answered the stupid ad, and I don't even know why!

It's a puzzler, but gives me something to think about while riding, which I was doing yesterday!! Around 90 miles of sheer, cold bliss, rolling around on the Yammie, waiting for the snow to start---and start it did, but not until I'd gotten home!

So---anyone wonder why we write to obvious nut-jobs?

(Love the picture, John!)

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
Millie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: January 5, 2009, 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: A St Louis Craigslist XS for Cheap?????

I considered contacting her Barbara after reading of her responses. Though I must confess that selfishly, the only reason was for my own entertainment. Probably why I decided against it in the end.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2