650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Winter sucks

Winter sucks
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
thorshammer

PostPosted: December 14, 2008, 1:17 am    Post subject: Winter sucks

Hi from Sask. Can. -38 with wind chill and not even official winter yet oh well Dominican in Feb. for winter break and ride. Life is like a crap sandwich if you can get enough bread you can avoid a lot of the crap.
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: December 14, 2008, 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Yeah, I hear you, its -23 C (about -7F) here in Calgary, into the -30's with wind chill. Had a good dump of snow as well, and its still autumn Sad .
On the good side, my basement workshop is warm, and top end re-build continues.
Ah yes the Dominican Republic.................I remember +30C and beautiful white beaches, and last but not least, Heineken Beer. Oops, how did I forget to mention...................topless beaches Wink

Last edited by Retiredgentleman on December 14, 2008, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 14, 2008, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Where in the hell is Al Gore when we need him......even when he speaks it gets warmer.... Laughing ...xsjohn
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 14, 2008, 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Here this morning when I got up it was 58 , now at 1100 it has dropped to 38 and we are supposed to get the cold hammer dropped on us. Headed for single digits possibly. They always say if you don't like the weather here in Missouri wait a day and it'll change real fast.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: December 14, 2008, 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Quote::
Hi from Sask. Can. -38 with wind chill and not even official winter yet oh well Dominican in Feb. for winter break and ride. Life is like a crap sandwich if you can get enough bread you can avoid a lot of the crap.

welcome!! i am from Regina, where you from???
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 14, 2008, 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Does seem like Thanksgiving should be in the spring.......

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
metalredneck

PostPosted: December 15, 2008, 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Regina...the city that smells like it sounds.

PostPosted: December 15, 2008, 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

I'm in Winnipeg, -45 with windshield... Our only solice is that we're not Regina.

PostPosted: December 15, 2008, 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

I'm in Winnipeg, -45 with windshield... Our only solice is that we're not Regina.

Rolling Eyes , except a larger dirtier more infested version of it....and your closer to out east which is even worse. if we split from out east you can go with those idiots.
XSDAD

PostPosted: December 15, 2008, 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Split from the east, yeah, that'll happen. SEPERATIST!!! (at least we have strip clubs, ha ha ha).

PostPosted: December 15, 2008, 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Though I'll admit, Saskatoon's pretty cool... not Regina though, I spent lots of time there, something about a city closing down at 6 pm just doesn't impress me... And yes, Winnipeg is more infested... refer to above stripclub comment. lol

PostPosted: December 16, 2008, 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Ya I'm from yorkton I lived in regina 1 year can't say I realy miss it other than nearest princess auto, cms and sometimes regina motorcycle salvage only problem with him is him. I just about could like winnipeg if it just quit trying to be little toronto. Sorry to sound like a jerk all places have a lot of great people. What type of rides you into, cafes, restos, streetfighters, chops and bobbers? Personaly I like pretty much everything as long as the person who rides it did the majority of the work. There are way too many who want to buy the flavor of the week trying to wow the wufos. May all your cold and frostys be in a glass.
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: December 16, 2008, 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Ok I give up, what's a wufo?

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
XSDAD

PostPosted: December 16, 2008, 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Sorry, you lost me on the wufos as well. I'm guessing the W is for Women... the rest I don't know.
The only good thing Winnipeg really has going for itself, and only in summer, is the Sunday night cruise (Portage avenue becomes one long show and shine, probably sponsored by Opec.)
I used to be into antique cars, still am but don't have any anymore. But bikes are welcome too, though not too many customs out here... Our roads suck for hardtails. I'm turning mine into a bobber/rat bike... basically that just means I'm doing a bunch of stuff to it and it'll be ugly when I'm done. lol.
Oh, And Winnipeg has my kids in it, so that's two things it has going for itself.
And you know Winnipeg and Regina have an ongoing rivalry (football) so I just kid... really, I couldn't care less about the whole Bombers/Ruffriders thing.
I see alot of bikes for sale around Regina for decent prices, costs too much to ship them out I guess. Same with antique trucks.
Cheers.

PostPosted: December 16, 2008, 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

There are way too many who want to buy the flavor of the week trying to wow the wufos. May all your cold and frostys be in a glass.

tell me about it. i like oldskool bob's and cafe's ...and my italian superbikes (78xs hardtail, 73cb500/4 and a 2004 Ducati 999 monoposto). Sportsters are the ONLY Harley i love. (oh yeh it's a womans bike Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ) And there is to many bolt the most chrome onto the bike you can get Dyna riders here.

i love salvage here, Dino is great...but i don't really like dealing with Randy to much.

Oh yeh, much love to triumph as well.
thorshammer

PostPosted: December 17, 2008, 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

Sorry wufos are the people who stand around at various events going wut foh he do dat, they are also easily impressed by things like american chopper and reality tv. &^%$ Oops had a hairball must be something I ate.
tweedy64

PostPosted: December 17, 2008, 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Winter sucks

we got em in the uk too thors, seem to be growing in numbers. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1