650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Finally found a good 650 community

Finally found a good 650 community
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
XSiv

PostPosted: June 21, 2006, 1:51 pm    Post subject: Finally found a good 650 community

Hey all,

I just registered on this site today and am already thoroughly impressed by what it has to offer. Really good page design, navigation, and all that jazz. Thought I'd stop by and say my first hellos. I'm looking forward to some good conversations and technical support/recommendations when it comes to 650's.

Thanks for the great website and for supporting this awesome bike! Take care. Very Happy

Photo Gallery
Wulf

PostPosted: June 21, 2006, 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally found a good 650 community

Hey XSiv and welcome aboard. Glad to have ya here. Post your pics and show us what ya got.
Wulf

XSiv

PostPosted: June 21, 2006, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally found a good 650 community

Thanks Wulf,

I've uploaded 4 photos from when I purchased the bike about 2 and a half months ago. They're in my photo album. Not sure how to link 'em, but let me know what you think when you find it. I'm contemplating a semi-overhaul on the cosmetics of the bike. Internally, things are all good... for now Cool

Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: June 21, 2006, 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally found a good 650 community

Welcome aboard XSiv!!! I'm jealous of your riding weather in San Diego, What is it about 360 days a year?
Photo Gallery
XSiv

PostPosted: June 21, 2006, 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally found a good 650 community

Haha, that's about right Chopper.

At the moment it's about as nice as it gets out here. 75-80 degrees from 10 till 6. And the sun doesn't go down until 8:30. Some nice back country roads, if you know where to look... And Pacific Coast Highway (Rte. 1), the coastal road running from San Diego all the way into Washington. I'll admit we've got it good..

However, you're closer to Tail of the Dragon at Deal Gap than I am by a long shot. Now that's prime real estate. One of these days, I'll get out there. Hopefully sooner than later Very Happy

Photo Gallery
Jack

PostPosted: June 21, 2006, 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally found a good 650 community

Your not missing much in regards to riding the Dragon,been there and rode it. Nothing but the biggest tourist trap in NC with to much carnage for one to test their riding abilities, At the moment,NC has sent a task force to bust the riders who endanger themselfs and the innocent tourist and I hope they bust every one of them. There is a time and place for such reckless acts and it doesn't belong on Rt 129 as I live in Western NC and I fully support the Troopers efforts in cleaning up this beautiful section of the Smokie Mountains..............Jack
XSiv

PostPosted: June 22, 2006, 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Finally found a good 650 community

Well put. From the website i linked in my last post, Tail of the Dragon seems to be very "commercial", even tho it's advertised as a roots place for riding. Beside, winding two-lane back roads are for the wonderfully elegant ebb and flow of carving through corners, not cutting into oncoming traffic just to see how low one's knee can drop to the pavement. Keep the Valentino Rossi act for the track. Am I right? If a task force is what it takes to make the roads a safer place then I'm for it. A shame it's become a place like that. Still, it would be nice to visit, just to say i have, ya know. Let's hope the Tail turns into a more serene riding spot sometime soon. Many respects.
Photo Gallery
dustin.kerber

PostPosted: June 22, 2006, 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Finally found a good 650 community

Man, I really need to bike out of state.... Up here it's just flatlands and straight roads....
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1