650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Fuel > > What jets to use with pod filters?

What jets to use with pod filters?
    Forum Index -> Fuel
DRoCk

PostPosted: December 31, 2005, 11:37 am    Post subject: What jets to use with pod filters?

I'm needing new filters and there is no way i will buy the stock replacements when a pod filter from Mikes is cheaper, so I need to know what to to get for jets, or even if I will need to jet it. I have experience with jetting a quad or two so I'm not totally inexperienced. My 650 seems to be a little rich?? the way it runs now. I need new plugs and will of course need some trial and error time, but what should I start at? I'm not sure what the mufflers are that are on it...could be stock and look just like the ones on the black xs at the top of some of the pages here. I'm also not sure of the elevation here...whats a good place to start?
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: December 31, 2005, 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What jets to use with pod filters?

What year XS650 do you have?
Photo Gallery
DRoCk

PostPosted: January 2, 2006, 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What jets to use with pod filters?

1982SG
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: January 2, 2006, 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What jets to use with pod filters?

I'd start with the suggestion on this link

www.mikesxs.com/tech_tips.html

On my 80 a also have open pipes but had to go much higher on the main than what was recomended but less on the idle screws. Every bike is different but I would use the suggestion as a start.

Photo Gallery
greasertrash

PostPosted: May 2, 2006, 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: What jets to use with pod filters?

Hi, Im new. I want to do the something but what do you do with the vacum tubes and what ever you do with them will they screw something elas up?
Photo Gallery
madskills
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 26, 2006, 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What jets to use with pod filters?

Alright my 1st crack at rebuilding my carbs and my manual is lacking info, I pulled the diaphrams without paying attention, when I reinstall is the angle portion to go towards the back or front? Feel like a jackass for having to ask.
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 26, 2006, 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What jets to use with pod filters?

Back / Air filter side. The diaphrams have a little locator tab on them that has to be lined up tp work properly. Look around the edge of the diaphram you'll see it.
Photo Gallery
madskills
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 27, 2006, 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: What jets to use with pod filters?

Thnak you Mo
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Fuel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1