650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Electrical > > eBay Ignition

eBay Ignition
    Forum Index -> Electrical
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 17, 2008, 10:05 pm    Post subject: eBay Ignition

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...:IT&ih=006

Something tells me this nothing new. It has been done before? How well does it work?

Photo Gallery
Cooltouch

PostPosted: March 17, 2008, 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Ignition

Your instincts are accurate. Pamcopete, a regular over at the 650 Garage, developed a system and posted it for anyone to download over there. It's a "sticky" over in their electrical section. The guy on eBay "borrowed" Pamcopete's system, added a distributor cap to it, and is selling plans for it. Seems to be a violation of intellectual property to me, but Pamcopete doesn't appear to be in it for the money anyway. Recently there was a thread about it here:

650rider.com/index.php...pic&t=3283

Best,

Michael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 18, 2008, 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Ignition

Cooltouch wrote:
Your instincts are accurate. Pamcopete, a regular over at the 650 Garage, developed a system and posted it for anyone to download over there. It's a "sticky" over in their electrical section. The guy on eBay "borrowed" Pamcopete's system, added a distributor cap to it, and is selling plans for it. Seems to be a violation of intellectual property to me, but Pamcopete doesn't appear to be in it for the money anyway. Recently there was a thread about it here:

650rider.com/index.php...amp;t=3283

Best,

Michael

Can you provide a link to the "Sticky" for this from the XS 650 garage. I had no luck finding it. Thanks!

Photo Gallery
5twins

PostPosted: March 18, 2008, 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Ignition

The threads are actually stickied at the top of the Engine Electrical sub-category in the Engine section, not the Electrical section.

xs650temp.proboards29....i?board=ID
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: March 19, 2008, 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Ignition

5twins wrote:
The threads are actually stickied at the top of the Engine Electrical sub-category in the Engine section, not the Electrical section.

Well that explains why I couldn't find it. Thanks 5twins!!!

Photo Gallery
bulldog1980
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 20, 2008, 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Ignition

I am actually in the process of building this ignition myself... just taking dear sweet time lol... so let me know how it goes Mo650chopper

PostPosted: April 5, 2008, 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Ignition

One thing I noticed about that e-bay system. The distributor cap sticks out the left side of the engine two or three inches. If you ever lay your scooter down on the left side, that distributor cap (and probably the high-tension wires) will get trashed. You may be able to pick your scooter up again, but you won't ride it home unless you got a buncha spare parts. Whoever developed that e-bay system never put much thought into it. I wouldn't waste my money. . . .

Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1